BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Please delete this if i breaks any rules or anything.

Ive looked all over but can not find anything, so thought some very nice, kind, experienced bimmerforums folk on here might know. :D

My dad has a 2000 Ford mondeo mk2 2litre Zetec. over the past few weeks everynow and again when he unlocks the car with the RCL the drivers door would not unlock but the other 3 doors and boot do unlock, he would have to use the key to unlock the drivers door, then it would be normal again for a few days. well now its doing it every time, we removed fuse and put it back in and it worked again for a day but its stopped working again.

Can someone shed some light on this please?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, is this easy to replace?

( sorry for my lateness, not been able to gain access to a pc since posting the op)

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I did one on a 2002 Mondeo a couple of years back, pretty straight forward IIRC - no special tools required, just take off the door card for access.

These and the bonnet catch are quite prone to failing and TBH as at the time it was my car I bought them new from the dealer - not toooooo expensive (couldn't of been as I am tight!)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh brilliant, ill look for prices or go to scrap yard and if it doesnt cost too much ill replace it for him

Thank you! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did one on a 2002 Mondeo a couple of years back, pretty straight forward IIRC - no special tools required, just take off the door card for access.

These and the bonnet catch are quite prone to failing and TBH as at the time it was my car I bought them new from the dealer - not toooooo expensive (couldn't of been as I am tight!)
Then again i dont think the mk3 mondeos are the same as the mk2 are they? i would imagine the mechanism will be re designed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whip the doorcard off and test the locking/unlocking while you can see what's going on - you should be able to easily see if it's sticky or unresponsive.

Your local breakers should have one for cheap

·
Platinum BFuk Member
530 Posts
I can sort you out with a mechansim mate:thumbsup

I do a bit of work for my local scrapyard, got a mk2 and a m3 in:thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts