BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:mad Can't believe this, got woke up by my mum this morning saying my car had been taken, the front door was open and her bag was on the floor outside and about £50 had been taken from it. My mum was sure she had locked the door last night too and who evers been in the house to get my keys has been extra quiet cos we have 2 dogs that go insane when someone walks near the door. Good job i have TPFT cover but the car wasn't in my garage at the time so i reckon i'm kind of screwed and i won't get any help what so ever.

Just incase anyone in the northwest area spots the car its a White BMW 318IS coupe with 17" (non genuine) alpina alloys. Registration is RIL 3230.

Thanks

Paul

p.s hope i've posted this in the right section.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mate that sucks!
did anyone see that police program where the thieves were targeting keys, one of the main techniques was using a pole and hook through the letter box to get your keys.
never leave any keys within reach of the letter box!
there was one case where the pole they used was so long they took keys from the kitchen a the end of the hall.
hope you dont get shafted by the ins co. good luck

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
All I can say is sorry to hear to hear, I can understand how you feel. I hope you reported the loss of the vehicle asap and that the police may be able to spot it on their daily runs. Any clean white 318is should stand out really.

Best of luck with the insurance.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Id get out there and start kicking the f**k out of the garage door and say that it was kept in their incase an assessor comes to look at it.
They should also replace the door.
Or if theyve been in teh house then they have access to teh garage so shouldnt be a problem.

·
Banned
201 Posts
I was wondering aswel. Does a claim on insurance for theft affect your NCB?
I mean yes youve claimed. But its not due to your own actions such as causing and accident.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Id get out there and start kicking the f**k out of the garage door and say that it was kept in their incase an assessor comes to look at it.
Or if theyve been in teh house then they have access to teh garage so shouldnt be a problem.
That my young friend is the very reason insurance premiums are so high!

·
Banned
201 Posts
Well he's had his car stolen.
Youre not telling me that if you told your ins company that you kept you car in the garage and one night left it out, that you would tell them you left it out and be left without a car because they refused to pay up.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'd get out there and start kicking the f**k out of the garage door and say that it was kept in their incase an assessor comes to look at it.
No it isn't. In the way you mean, the reason is the pond life that knocked the guy's car in the first place. Let's not have a load of old cobblers about the poor old insurance companies. Make no mistake, even if fraud was completely wiped out, we'd still be paying the same premiums. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in a fool's paradise and is just a sucker for propaganda. Same with so-called 'benefit cheats'. The government and media like to spread the image that "if it wasn't for these dole-scrounging scum and cheaters, taxes could be lower and everyone would have more money". Crap. It's all just a ploy to get people to grass each other up. And anyone who does so, in my opinion, is utter scum. I completely condone people defrauding the government, because they're more than willing to help themselves to your money and then deny you healthcare, dental care, charge you for prescriptions, tax you through your arse for petrol, etc., etc., etc. Do you believe for a moment that if benefit fraud was wiped out, taxes would be lowered?

If you do, PM me, I'd like to talk to you about some timeshare property in Tenerife.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Hit the nail on the head mate.
the government are just a bunch of hungry eyed money grabbing bastards who take people for every penny theyve got.
people go to work and the government stick their unwelcome hand in our pocket and take a considerable amount of out hard earned money and give it to the bums!
Not once while I was out of work did I claim a single benefit. But those who do dont evern bother trying to get a job.
Makes me so mad!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good news everyone, my car has been found and recovered in Preson or Chorely, it has been taken to a recovery place and will have to wait untill the police get there to finger print it. No news on the condition though and i don't really expect my CD player, sub/ amp and speakers to still be in it but i'm not really fussed about them, so long as the car is OK. Not sure whats going to happen when the poilice have finished with it though.

I doubt the keys will be with the car so how on earth i'm going to get it home is beyond me, insurance might be able to have it picked up and taken to my house but i'm alsmost sure that won't be cheap.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Good news everyone, my car has been found and recovered in Preson or Chorely, it has been taken to a recovery place and will have to wait untill the police get there to finger print it. No news on the condition though and i don't really expect my CD player, sub/ amp and speakers to still be in it but i'm not really fussed about them, so long as the car is OK. Not sure whats going to happen when the poilice have finished with it though.

I doubt the keys will be with the car so how on earth i'm going to get it home is beyond me, insurance might be able to have it picked up and taken to my house but i'm almost sure that won't be cheap.
Good show, that is good news. The fact that it can be fingerprinted means it's not torched, so it would be tremendously bad luck if they had done anything really bad otherwise. Glad you're getting it back man.

·
Administrator
4,209 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I doubt the keys will be with the car so how on earth i'm going to get it home is beyond me, insurance might be able to have it picked up and taken to my house but i'm alsmost sure that won't be cheap.
It won't be straight away but BMW can order you new keys if you give them your VIN number (and proof of ownership, id etc).

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
As it was taken with the keys, I'd be inclined to get the entire locks and ignition barrel changed asap when you have the car returned.

·
Registered
227 Posts
No it isn't. In the way you mean, the reason is the pond life that knocked the guy's car in the first place. Let's not have a load of old cobblers about the poor old insurance companies. Make no mistake, even if fraud was completely wiped out, we'd still be paying the same premiums. Anyone who believes otherwise is living in a fool's paradise and is just a sucker for propaganda. Same with so-called 'benefit cheats'. The government and media like to spread the image that "if it wasn't for these dole-scrounging scum and cheaters, taxes could be lower and everyone would have more money". Crap. It's all just a ploy to get people to grass each other up. And anyone who does so, in my opinion, is utter scum. I completely condone people defrauding the government, because they're more than willing to help themselves to your money and then deny you healthcare, dental care, charge you for prescriptions, tax you through your arse for petrol, etc., etc., etc. Do you believe for a moment that if benefit fraud was wiped out, taxes would be lowered?

If you do, PM me, I'd like to talk to you about some timeshare property in Tenerife.
No Gordon, I don't give a stuff about the insurance companies. What Mylo is suggesting is to inflict damage to the garage door to increase the value of the claim, which in my opinion would then be fraud.

Don't forget the Police are involved with this theft, and you never know who visits this forum!!

They would have all the evidence they need, in writing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just spoken to the place that have the car and they said there is no damage from what they can see but the car is locked up, meaning they can't finger print it untill they have a set of keys. i never got a spare key with my car, spoke to the insurance company and she's not entirely sure what to do either so shes going to find out and give me a call back.

Just phoned BMW direct and they only want £17.50 +VAT for a replacement key so i'm going to order that today but i still need to fork out on new barrels and keys for when i get it back cos the theifs will just take my car again lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts