BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sounds like the prop shaft is unbalanced. Don't know if I'm telling you to suck eggs but when you disassemble it has to go back together exactly as it came apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay well I got the car with the prop knocking like **** against the car and took it to a local garage and they replaced the front donut and centre bearing...it lasted a couple of weeks gradually gettin worse and bk to now how it was originally

·
Registered
962 Posts
Could be they did a bad job, could be that the gearbox mounts are shot too? I'd take it back to them and see what they say.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are your engine and gearbox mounts in good order? These will cause this. Try accelerating hard in first and listen/feel for a thump. Then at around 30mph, in first, let the engine idle and let the clutch up quickly, listen for a thump. If it did it accelerating, it's near side, decelerating it's offside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's no thump it's just when you get to 3000rpm obvs with the centre bearing gone it knocks hard againt the tunnel it sounds like...I'll get it on the ramp tomorro and check the gearbox mounts and thanks i can try source one now..someone also said if the diff has a hi when you spin it with the prop off so it goes tight that this could cause it ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts