BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a positive story with you all.

I bought a Moura battery for my E36 convertible in Dec 09 from a local car shop, cost was £85. In Nov 10 it started to fail and upon testing it looked like a cell had gone down. Unfortunately the shop where I bought the battery had gone bust so I had nowhere to take it back to. Also I didn't have a receipt but the guy wrote the date he fitted the battery on the label.

I did a web search and found that Moura are imported by Banner Batteries. I sent an e-mail to them not expecting much and later that day they e-mailed back asking for a bit more info about the battery. I replied, again not expecting much, and they came straight back to say one of their reps was coming to Tyneside the following day and could he meet me? I gave them my contact number and as promised Mike Lightfoot gave me a ring and came to meet me where I work. He tested the battery, confirming my diagnosis of a dead cell, and said they would happily replace it.

Later that week I got a text from him telling me my new battery would be delivered to a local Moura dealer and all I had to do was take my old battery there and they would swap it for me - plus he had upgraded it to the 4-year silver alloy type!

I trust you will agree that the aftersales service provided by Banner / Moura was excellent and taking a lead from Russell Howard I thought we should have a good news story instead of moaning!

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Wow, that is excellent service :thumbsup

Very rare you come across this type of story, so it's nice to hear it !

And you gotta love Russell Howards Good News :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts