BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think you've been reading too much on e46fanatics.com. Guys there got more time and money than common sense. One member replaced the whole cooling system for 'preventative maintenance', only to have several leaks and now maybe the engines damaged - more like destructive maintenance!

Best to look, listen and feel for any problems with your car.

For cooling system you could change to lower pressure cap tho I haven't bothered but check OBC hidden menus coolant temp stays below 100 should be working ok

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea coolant temp is fine, sits low 90s. I'm trying to work on my mechanical skills so I'm kind of searching for an excuse to get my hands dirty xD but yea point taken

·
Registered
827 Posts
Replace the coolant. Probably old as the hills. Genuine coolant is about 25nzd a bottle full retail.

Also replace your brake fluid. Youll notice the difference. The repco dot 4 stuff is 15nz/litre.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I think you've been reading too much on e46fanatics.com. Guys there got more time and money than common sense. One member replaced the whole cooling system for 'preventative maintenance', only to have several leaks and now maybe the engines damaged - more like destructive maintenance!

Best to look, listen and feel for any problems with your car.

For cooling system you could change to lower pressure cap tho I haven't bothered but check OBC hidden menus coolant temp stays below 100 should be working ok
Not entirely true, the temperature range on an e46 ranges from about 90 to around 110, my 318 used to run at 108

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
loada cobblers only replace as and when i think, ive replaced the pump,heater valve and rad in 128k bottle and hoses etc are all still original...

·
5,888 Posts
My cars at 135k and only replaced the water pump so far.

·
5,888 Posts
I've owned it for just over three years and there is no reason to think that the rad is anything other than original.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts