BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as well as facing a 5p rise in fuel duty on 1 April. We already pay for Europes second most expensive Diesel (Thanks Netherlands) and I'm sure people across the land are considering ways of economising their fuel costs. Osbournes got his work cut out on this budget.

In amongst all this crap that floats around the back of your/ones head, just by chance, I came across some inspiration - my answer to the problem. Today, whilst driving on a long empty clear road in the countryside and I randomly felt the need and put my right foot down - listened to the straight six sing (a kind of 3ltr diesel song but wtf:thumbsup) felt the torque got the pulse rate up before eventually easing off for a Sunday cruise in the sun. Car and driver got their fix for a while and...problem solved...fuel almost seemed like a bargain after that little blat in the Bimmer. I recommend it.:cheerful

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
if it goes to 2 quid a litre yal still pay it theres no other way to get ya kicks and fix out of a big 6 engine..

either that or shrivel and die with a pushbike..

·
Registered
165 Posts
if it goes to 2 quid a litre yal still pay it theres no other way to get ya kicks and fix out of a big 6 engine..

either that or shrivel and die with a pushbike..
LOL @ pushbike comment :D

Nowt wrong with a nice bike in the sun, or a blat out in the country with the straight six singing, so why not do both :silly

·
Registered
156 Posts
I relate to this exactly :) Sat at some lights this morning, glorious sunshine, looking at over a mile of straight tarmac to the next set so i thought "sod it" and absolutley nailed it :) even opened my window to listen to the engine. Ill still pay, driving the beemer is one of the little pleasures i have left :)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If petrol goes up to £2 a litre I may just have to consider not driving everywhere with my foot down! :hihi

What a horrible thought. :frown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts