BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
520i Touring 1995

Hi. I want to keep my car despite its 150k+ but cannot afford to keep buying metric tyres for it.

So can someone please advise me of the specifications of the imperial rims and tyres which I can safely use to replace my expensive metric ones?

If anyone can source 5 tyres and rims for me that would be even better.

Many thanks
Graham

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my last set from Ebay - I was quoted £250.00 per tyre !!!!!!!! hence why I decided to buy a full set of wheels and rubber. In the end it cost me £150.00 + £25 shipping.

I need a couple more so I'll keep you posted if I find a full set at a good price

Tony

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
520i Touring 1995

Hi. I want to keep my car despite its 150k+ but cannot afford to keep buying metric tyres for it.

So can someone please advise me of the specifications of the imperial rims and tyres which I can safely use to replace my expensive metric ones?

If anyone can source 5 tyres and rims for me that would be even better.

Many thanks
Graham
What size are you currently running on? Its been a while whils since I;ve done the metric to imperial so I'll have to either looks back through some notes but will give A20RYm a heads up on the off chance he can help.

Fwiw, there's enough of these cars runnign about on 17 inch M5 replica's/Aplina replicas etc all of which can be had without bank breaking costs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
take your metric wheels off and throw them in the skip mate, a lot of E34's came with non metric wheels, wheels look exactly the same but are 15" a friend of mine bought a complete set on ebay with good tyres for £100, i have a set in my shed if you want them, wheels are unmarked and the tyres are all good, £90 for the 4 if you want them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To: Hotrodboogie.
Thanks very much for that. I will definitely have the 5. Can you courier them to me or any other suggestion would be welcome? I live near Chester. I am happy to send you a cheque for £100 for the 5. My son lives near Luton so maybe the next time I visit I could collect them if you will hold on to them for me?
Graham
Mobile 07917 356 449

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.