BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok firstly this isnt a bmw so no model in the title.
I brought a rear door for my focus, the wife had gouged the old one, being qouted all sorts of frankly ridiculas prices i decided to get a door from a scrappy, found a colour match and fitted it, how the fook can something look spot on next to your car yet so off on it, the colour is way off, the door being serveral shades lighter:jaw-dropping.

Anyone experianced in bodywork advice me, the new door looks horrendeous, the old door looks horrendeous, here are my options.

1/ Get the new door blown over to match the car.
2/ Get the old door repaired proffesionaly, qouted from 250 to a grand.
3/ Use some sort of cutting agent to maybe get a more acceptable match, and what do i use.

So there it is, the car is immaculate apart from this, it had a gouged door which went into the sill and arch, i was gonna do the sill and arch meself but dont fancy taking on the door as well, any comments welcome.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Option 2) is pointless, why pay to repair and then paint the old door when they can just paint the new one. Way less labour and if the base paint is good probably only needs a colour coat.
Option 3) you will never be happy with.

That leaves you with option 1) or alternatively an option you may not have considered. Just leave it.

Reactions: rumpleforeskin

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think ill try option 3, the door actually looks ok from 20 feet but bloody awful looking down the side of the car, failing that kevs suggestion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts