BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

My question is....Can a MAP Sensor work in all respects apart from responding a second slow?
My boost gets to where it should do but, it seems to get there a second or two after the expected value. It also hangs onto the boost for a second or two when I take my foot off the throttle, but again drops to where the expected value is after a second or two.

EGR cleaned. Wasn't dirty really. DPF fine and regens when it should. Vacuum hoses seem OK.

I'm wondering.......Pressure Converter or MAP Sensor?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.

I took it off and cleaned it a couple of weks ago. (I already had this issue with boost thats why I took it off but it was pretty filthy) I think I may have touched/pushed the silver contact piece inside at the bottom of the tube. I suppose that would affect readings?
As I say....looking st all figures using ISTA, Bimmertool and Bimmerlink, the boost does get to ehere the expected says, it just takes a second longer. I don't think its a leak because when I take my foot off the throttle, the expected boost drops but the actual holds on, again for that extra second or 2.

Thanks again for replying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts