BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I changed my engine. So my cooling system is working right. Problem have to be in engine. So water pump, thermostat or headgasget. I havent beed driving much cause car is not inspected. I let the car run idle, heat went middle of the gauge. Then in some time 8 to 12min it started rising again like when warming up but It went from middle to third marker on gaude (not red area) then I turned engine off. I did short drive earlier and didnt notice to car over heat.

Is there any easy way to find out where the problem is? Or do I have to change waterpump and thermostat and if dosent help to put new headgasget.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have bleed once or twice the cooling system and I didnt have problem. But might be have to try to bleed more. Also engines previous owner told that he had engine heatup a bit when he tested the car.

And I forgot to tell that when I first started car I putted white smoke out, kind of lot. I thought right away that head gasget but It stopped compelety later. Also smoke might be from old engine what had problem from buring oil. And oil went to exhaus so it might have been oil from exhaus pipes.

Anyway I have to bleed system tomorrow once again, I will report if it solve the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I found a problem. "new" engine had broken thermostat. It was stuck closed, some after market thremostat. Changed og thermostat and metal bladed waterpump and bleed cooling system once again. Now working nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts