BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of fitting an M52B28 into my Land Rover 110 -inspired by the South African built ones- as the current diesel engine is somewhat past its best.
The factory ones used a similar bellhousing to the M51 powered diesel Range Rover, and the same dual mass flywheel and pull off type clutch.

Being a bit cheap, I fancy making up an adapter for the engine to fit onto a Land Rover pattern gearbox-as I have a rebuilt box sat doing very little- whilst also adapting a flywheel to suit, and utilising a standard Land Rover push off clutch.
I've got a .dwg file containing Land Rover bellhousing patterns, but would find things a lot easier if someone had an accurate CAD drawing of the M52 bellhousing that they'd be willing to share.

Anyone got anything?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am busy doing a m57 diesel transplant into my 110. The bellhousing from the 2.8 defender that i am using is a two part housing. Apparantly the part containing the clutch mechanism is a bmw copy. The second part that bolts to the gearbox (R380) is what you need. Will take some photos tomorrow and post it here.
You can also use the front of a P38 Range Rover (manual R380) and build it onto your gearbox.
Would like a copy of your .dwg file..?...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts