BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Lots of you guys have proberly seen this as its been out for some time, but hey comon guys wouldnt we all want one of these in the garage ;).

http://www.autounleashed.com/800hp-bmw-m5-by-currency-motor

I dont really know much about the E60 M5 or engines yet, but does it have a turbo in it alredy?

Im guessing the same could be done to a M6 considering there the same engine?

...And basically if anyone has got a e60 M5 or M6 put a twin turbo init and custom intercooler and then race against a mclaren slr in a 10 mile drag race ;) and tell me who wins :p:p

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dam didnt think it did, soo with that one having 2 turbos in guessing otherwise known as twin turbo? I swear the Veyron has 4 turbos on it and like a supercharger ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very true, but what do people do with SLR,ENZOS etc...

keep them in the garage for the special days, but when it's time for a long journey take them out and show them off and ohh get paid a lot of money by magasine companies to have it at their shows ;)

To be honest sounds good to me :p

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Dam didnt think it did, soo with that one having 2 turbos in guessing otherwise known as twin turbo? I swear the Veyron has 4 turbos on it and like a supercharger ?
Nice post mate!

Have never seen or heard of Currency cars or that turbo M5.
They are a total beast and I love them :hihi

But as above, they are non turbo from the factory.
The engien is a V10 so each bank of 5 cylinders has a turbocharger as it produces much better power curve than a single turbo (on that size engine)

The Veyron does indeed have 4 turbos but is as mentioned a V16 engine iirc and I think each turbo must feed each bak of 4 cylinders

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gees Nees all that power sounds toooo nice ;)

But if you was going to mod etc a M5, you would have to try and buy a brand new spanking one individual of course ;)

But i am guessing right that you could do the same to the M6 because its got the same engine hasnt it...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow, thing is no point getting one because the new m5 will be coming out in 3 years but with a v8 twin turbo ;(

·
Registered
210 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts