BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Need some advice as i have been searching everywhere for an answer, i hope somebody can help me cut a long story short brought an e46 that had an engine out of a 2007 e90 320d a BMW independant garage did this conversion, i think my clutch or thrust bearing are on there way out cause when i press the clutch in slightly there is a grinding noise but if i press it down its gone completely, iv been reading loads of blogs and preparing for the worst case scenario (clutch and DMF) the problem i have is the gearbox is still the original one in the car (2004 e320D E46) im not a mechanic or anything but id like to think i have some knowledge about cars, now looking around for clutch kits i realized that the e90's and e46's are different clutch kits so my question is;

Will a clutch kit for a m47n2 engine be compatible with the e46 6 speed gearbox ?

Please can somebody help me out as i am stressing out about, i would really really appreciate it

Thankyou :thumbsup

·
Registered
827 Posts
At a guess i would go for the e46 clutch. This will fit the input spline of your gearbox. If the flywheels are different you may have an e46 flywheel on your motor or you nay need a custom clutch.

You can get the clutch plate relined and presure plate recond worst case.

I would pull it apart before i bought anything. The grinding sounds like a thrust bearing to me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts