BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my M3 at the weekend and one of the 1st jobs will be to have the audio , which was half installed in the last beemer , taken out and put in the M3 . I have decided to have it done at one of the shops rather than go for the , i did it all myself approach .
I love to be able to step back and say i done that . Now i cant be bothered with the 2 month way . Want it all done right away .
I went into the boot today to see what type of speakers it had and if it had 6x9 mounts.
Was i surprised , as you can see from the pic . the boot is all dynamatted . Mounts in place , holding Kenwood 6x9`s .
Not a fav 6x9 maker but slighly better than standard .
They will have to go.
Up front , not sure but defo not factory .

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
That's nice to know the mounts are already there:cool

Be warned that an ICE shop will probably advise you to disregard the rears anyway. There advice always seems to be a set of components up front (the best quality you can afford) and subs in the boot.

I tried this once and did not like the way it sounded, hence the route I opted for:thumbsup

Be a shame not to do it yourself:frown I know it takes time and you want it all in NOW but the satisfaction you get from doing it yourself is awesome:hihi

All the best things come to those who wait;)

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im with both of you on this one . I too like a complete sound from the car . 6x9 Infinity`s and my 2 rockfors fosgate subs will be sufficient i hope. I never got to hear the set up in my other car so still quite excited about how it may sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.