BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help or advice if anybody else has experienced something similar.

I drive a 2014 m135i which I have on a pcp deal from a bmw main dealer, I’ve had this car for around a year and a half and have experienced no issues at all. Car got serviced at main dealer around 2 weeks ago oil was changed along with filter and general health check all fine. Today while driving home from work I experienced drivetrain error pop up on the idrive along with the engine management light aswell as a loss of power and a suddenly very loud standard exhaust noise. Error message stated to continue my journey at a moderate speed, I don’t live far so continued home and on closer inspection there was white smoke whisping out of both exhausts and a strong smell which I can’t quite put my finger on possibly oil also the car was sort of chugging maybe a misfire.
I have contacted BMW and the soonest they can book me in is in 11 days I am hoping to get hold of my local dealer and get an emergency appointment sooner.
Anybody experienced anything similar before or have any advice?
thanks for any feedback be much appreciated!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds like an exhaust pipe/box has blown apart and possibly hit the driveshaft. I'd take it to the most local garage with a lift, even if that's (shudder) kwik fit and ask if they can at least have a look underneath, usually the cost of a few beers .. ;) No work to be done, just examination! Give you a clearer idea or some possibilities of what's happened.

Happened to us in a Landrover once, no idea what caused it, replaced (well, made it straight through and shortened) the exhaust and never had the problem again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like an exhaust pipe/box has blown apart and possibly hit the driveshaft. I'd take it to the most local garage with a lift, even if that's (shudder) kwik fit and ask if they can at least have a look underneath, usually the cost of a few beers .. ;) No work to be done, just examination! Give you a clearer idea or some possibilities of what's happened.

Happened to us in a Landrover once, no idea what caused it, replaced (well, made it straight through and shortened) the exhaust and never had the problem again.
Thanks for reply mate appreciate the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts