BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if 18 inch Style 37s off an E39 will fit my e46 330i saloon msport? They are 8j front and 9j rears, wearing 235 40 fronts and 265 35 rears (ps4s)

I'm currently running 18 inch MV1s 225 40 front 255 35 rear (pzero).

Gent who I'm purchasing them from is running 235 265 to protect the lip.

I'm told the rears could be a problem area can anyone advise me? These rims look absoloutely beautiful on a facelift saloon I'd love to have them on.

Edit, ET 20 front ET 24 rear, 215 35 18 front tyre and 225 40 18 rear could work without rubbing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have looked on there it doesn't say definitely if it fits or not, I'm relatively new to this.

It states there will be poke but hard to tell if the rears would rub the inner arch lip/plastic brackets

·
Registered
6 Posts
So how did you get on. I have the same issue. Everyone is telling me to trim the fenders or get coilovers. No and out of budget.

Thinking to get 215 40 18, 1 stage stretch and maybe new shocks as the OEM ones are double tube and could have leaked... I think I have a slight sag
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
843 Posts
So how did you get on. I have the same issue. Everyone is telling me to trim the fenders or get coilovers. No and out of budget.

Thinking to get 215 40 18, 1 stage stretch and maybe new shocks as the OEM ones are double tube and could have leaked... I think I have a slight sag View attachment 275911
Thought getting the fenders rolled and pulled out a bit? Saves them being cut

·
Registered
843 Posts
Worried about the paint cracking. I'm going to a local performance shop fit them and to do the alignment. I will ask them about it.
As long as there’s no rushing in rolling out the fenders and putting heat onto the paint to soften it up, there will be very minimal chance of the paint cracking

·
Registered
6 Posts
As long as there’s no rushing in rolling out the fenders and putting heat onto the paint to soften it up, there will be very minimal chance of the paint cracking
Just tried 225's but the still wide but just about. Maybe an alignment might help? Looks like I'll have to pull the fenders out. Any suggestions on companies that do it in Surrey/Hampshire?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just tried 225's but the still wide but just about. Maybe an alignment might help? Looks like I'll have to pull the fenders out. Any suggestions on companies that do it in Surrey/Hampshire? View attachment 275919
You can get people to come out to your to do it or a body shop should be able to roll out your arches. I don’t know any where in Hampshire sorry. I’m in Scotland lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’d go into the place and check out their work to make sure it’s upto standard so they’re not doing a botched job otherwise you’ll be having to pay out more to get it sorted
Got in touch with archenemy they are mobile too. I'll update this when I get this done. Is it worth replacing the rear springs for final ride height first? Surely it would increase slightly if they are shot

·
Registered
843 Posts
Got in touch with archenemy they are mobile too. I'll update this when I get this done. Is it worth replacing the rear springs for final ride height first? Surely it would increase slightly if they are shot
Yes, If you’re going to replace the rear springs, replace the other side at the same time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts