BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a 330d Convertible and am wanting to put a new set of wheels on and also lower it (if it rides too high).

Would you recommend just putting 18" wheels on and lowering it 40mm with Eibach or do you think I would be able to get away with putting 19"s on and also lowering it a touch?

Chris

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
On the E46 you can fit 20" wheels and lower:cool

On my E36 all I had to do when fitting 18" wheels and 225/40 18 tyres was roll the rear arches due to the offset being slightly out.

Since, I have had two sets of 19" wheels and my current set of 20" and lowered beyond 60mm and I have never had to carry out any further modifications:thumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll go with 19's and lower with eibach springs.
How much of a job is rolling the arches?
Can any garage do it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
archenemy (google them)do a decent job can roll and or flare for a reasonable price they can also travel and do it at your location.

£80.00 inc vat and travel expenses to me he even treated and sealed the arches once rolled to protect the effected areas as the paint can sometimes crack when rolling.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have just put 18s on my car and lowered it 45mm front 40 rear and had the rear arches rolled and its ace handling isnt affected either
They look the business :thumbsup are they genuine rims or replicas? Just what I'm after for mine, any idea on what the style is called?

Thanks
Andy

·
Banned
432 Posts
m3 csl rims will be replicas mate only way of putting oems on is if you have 2 sets of fronts as the m3 rears are the same offset as a 5 series so stick out the arches

·
Registered
354 Posts
They look the business :thumbsup are they genuine rims or replicas? Just what I'm after for mine, any idea on what the style is called?

Thanks
Andy
m3 csl rims will be replicas mate only way of putting oems on is if you have 2 sets of fronts as the m3 rears are the same offset as a 5 series so stick out the arches
Thanks No they arent Replicas lol they are Beyerns the style of the is called Mesh i think they are pretty sensibly prices and the quality of them is top notch here is a link to their website

http://www.beyernwheels.com/

·
Banned
432 Posts
sorry mate thought they were lol very simular, look nice to love that style rim

Reactions: Collister5

·
Registered
354 Posts
sorry mate thought they were lol very simular, look nice to love that style rim
Same thats why i bought them as i knew the m3 rims wont fit plus whats the chance of finding m3 csl wheels nevermind two sets and the quality of replicas are questionable some people say they are ok some have horror stories about them so i thought id keep away lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts