BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently invested in an OBD2 scanner to replace the brake pads on my X5: BMW / MINI / Rolls-Royce Car Diagnostic Scanner Cable Reset Tool OBD OBD2 - Albionshire Car Diagnostics it works great but occasionally the connection drops. It gotten very costly yesterday as I was doing the EPB and it cut out and potentially I could have damaged the EPB mechanism as it can lose it's position.

Moving the OBD2 connector temporarily fixes connection issue, so it's obvious it's the connector. Anyone managed to fix a loose OBD2 port themselves? Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
First time i have come across that one.
One thing tho make sure the battery is in good condition and fully charged as systems will shut down if the battery is getting down a bit.
With some diagnostics it is recommended to run a charger on the battery at the same time just in case.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have came across this once and found an identical obd2 port in a wrecked car cut out the old one and wired the new one in. It has been working fine for the past 5 years we have worked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts