BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Chatbot
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst I am very much against racism, For those who are interested, the anti BLM protests in london are heating up, people are launching fireworks into crowds. Here is alive stream. Some people there have been drinking alcohol since 11:30AM

·
Forum Chatbot
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shocked to see another black person just got shot by a US police officer, mind you he stole a taser from one of them and went to shoot one of them with it. The reason for the intervention? Black man fell asleep in the drive through of a fast food restaurant and was over the limit. It does make me wonder what was going on in the mind of the guy trying to steal a taser from armed police officers. Did he fear for his life to create such an unreasonable behavior?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
As he failed the breath test and was being cuffed, he gave the guy doing that the slip, the situation should have never ended with the guy being shot, but he wasn't really being at all clever!

See the idiot that took a leak on the coppers memorial plinth got 14 days, good!
And the black guy carrying a white guy to safety has been spread major, he needed help!
More goodwill in that one action than all the BLM demos tacked together!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Because going out protesting, spreading viruses the majority is trying to avoid is not going to cause more racism...

·
Administrator
11,470 Posts
Not that I agree with protesting in the middle of a pandemic but it seems like a more worthy cause than shopping Concerns over safety as Bicester Village reopens

Covid is also disproportionately affecting BAME communities with racism suggested as a possible cause.
Thats daft how can racisum cause more BAME communitys to be affected by the virus i could understand if they said povity and crowded conditions in BAME communitys were an exteuating cercumstance but not racisum

·
Administrator
11,470 Posts
Ok read that Ian and i still dont see racisum as a propper reason for the increse in BAME here is a quote
"Historic racism and poorer experiences of healthcare or at work may mean that individuals in BAME groups are less likely to seek care when needed or as NHS staff are less likely to speak up when they have concerns about Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or risk. "
This quote seams to back up what i said in my last post historic racisum is a bit of a cop out and they need a way to put it to one side like the Jewish communitys have dont sit and wait for help get the community to work towards there goles

1 - 11 of 11 Posts