BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned, I was going to try and nip to BMW stealers today and see what i'd get in p/ex for what I believe to be the best E36 M3 available in the UK against a 335i, simply to gauge what dealers would be prepared to pay for an nice E36 M3 (i have no interest in buying a 335i). I dressed myself in a presentable manner, nipped to the bank to get an account balance statement (always works well as dealers take you very seriously and will REALLY try and do a deal if they know you have the funds to buy in cash outright etc).

If you search autotrader, you will see what prices a range of M3 Evos fetch and how much some of the late lower mileage cars, some in very good order are being advertised for.

Car: 1998, M3 Evolution coupe, 38,000miles (genuine), 6 spd manual, black, heated vadar leather, ASC, HK hi-fi, FBMWSH with every single receipt, invoice, MOT and Tax disc from new.

(dealer said, it does look very clean but its an 1998 car, people don't want old M3's, the used market is littered with them and its not something they would be able to sell on their forecourt - (yeah right) ).

Anyone want to guess how much was offered for the M3? here's a clue ':frown'

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1200 quid?:rofl
1200 would have been closer to ':mad' .....

I will post the p/ex price quoted later this evening, would be nice to see what people honestly think I was quoted!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts