BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this. It's a long letter but worth reading I think. I went to Morrisons today with my 4 week old daughter in the M3. When I got back some cheeky sod had put a notice (not a fine) on my car that said 'You have parked in a space reserved for customers with small children and babies - please dont!' The only other car with it on was a Merc SLK (whos owner did have a child with them). Surprise surprise all the people carriers had nothing on them.

Made me laugh but as I had to pay a fine to these scum the other day I thought I'd write a letter demanding an explanation. It's very tongue in cheek and a bit of a wind up, but it makes me chuckle to think that someone is going to have to write back and treat it seriously :hihi I'm sending it off tomorrow so if anyone wants me to add anything let me know and I'll put it in (within reason!) and post up their response...

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to register a complaint regarding my experience in your store today. My family and I make several visits a week to your shop and when we last checked, we spend on average £800 per month in your store.

I have a 4 week old baby who I decided to take shopping with me. I parked in a ‘parent and child space’ and took her in her rear-facing car seat into the store with me, using one of your specially adapted trollies for this purpose.

Upon my return to the car I was puzzled and shocked to see a rather rude leaflet under my car windscreen wiper. It was worded ‘You have parked in a space reserved for customers with small children and babies - please dont!‘ I stopped and checked. Yes, I was a customer. I stopped again. Yes, I did have a small baby. I looked around. I noted that other vehicles that were already parked in these spaces when I arrived but which also didn’t have visible child seats did not have notices on their windscreens apart from one other performance vehicle, which had received the same notice as I had.

Whilst I realise this is a notice and not a ticket of any kind, I am angered at how rude the notice is and how it appears that I was judged based on the type of car I drive. A performance car may not be a typical family car, but this does not mean that owning a BMW M3 precludes me from being a father.

I would appreciate it if you could send me a detailed explanation as to why I received this notice and under what training your staff are told to put these notices on performance vehicles. I can only conclude that they are told to do this, as the only other car that had a notice was a Mercedes SLK. I can understand that maybe your parking attendant wanted a convenient excuse to touch my glistening beast - perhaps the power bulge, aggressive stance and the 19 inch polished alloy wheels were too irresistible to ignore and they just had to be a part of it. Whatever the reason, this does not excuse the rude notice he or she left behind to mark their unwanted grubby presence. How dare they even use their grimy fingers to lift my windscreen wiper?

Considering the money we spend in your store, and how loyal we have been since the Worthing branch of Morrisons has opened, I would appreciate you sending me a goodwill gesture to keep my business. I will quite happily take my shopping elsewhere in future unless you are able to explain this situation.

I do not want this palmed off to Euro Carparks and for you to tell me to write to them separately. You, as a corporate entity, employ them to police your car parks. You must have dealings with them because they are being contracted by you, and it was your font and logo on the notice. I will expect a satisfactory response from you by the end of the month and if I do not receive this I am happy to throw the matter open to the public of Worthing by publishing my story in the local paper. Car park attendants and traffic wardens are not flavour of the month in this town, and have been criticised as driving away business from the town, so any publicity will not serve to be beneficial to your only branch of Morrisons between Brighton and Crawley.

Yours faithfully...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Me wife went into morrisons and stayed over the 1 hour limit, when she got home someone turned up at the house and put a ticket on the car, she phoned the store manager then went on to head office before she got it sorted, that's right you read it correctly someone came to the house and ticketed the car

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me wife went into morrisons and stayed over the 1 hour limit, when she got home someone turned up at the house and put a ticket on the car, she phoned the store manager then went on to head office before she got it sorted, that's right you read it correctly someone came to the house and ticketed the car
Unbelivable!:jaw-dropping Looking forward to sending this off now:mischievous

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
Blame the DVLA....the greedy sods sell your car details on to the like of Euro carparks etc, best thing to do with them tickets is file under B.I.N

We do work for Tesco's putting cameras up, they read the car reg and the time in, if you've not gone in 2 hours theres a ticket in the post.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blame the DVLA....the greedy sods sell your car details on to the like of Euro carparks etc, best thing to do with them tickets is file under B.I.N

We do work for Tesco's putting cameras up, they read the car reg and the time in, if you've not gone in 2 hours theres a ticket in the post.
Happened to me the other day. Was busy spending £100 odd in their store and had to pay £70 cos overstayed by 20 mins. Has anyone read the letter yet?:hihi

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
Happened to me the other day. Was busy spending £100 odd in their store and had to pay £70 cos overstayed by 20 mins. Has anyone read the letter yet?:hihi
What letter...

:boxedin

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
That is bang on my friend! Absolute tossers and I'd be very surprised if you don't get some form of gesture, but I suspect the grovelling letter would be the aim :D

Can I touch your glistening beast! :rofl

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just thought I'd share this. It's a long letter but worth reading I think. I went to Morrisons today with my 4 week old daughter in the M3. When I got back some cheeky sod had put a notice (not a fine) on my car that said 'You have parked in a space reserved for customers with small children and babies - please dont!' The only other car with it on was a Merc SLK (whos owner did have a child with them). Surprise surprise all the people carriers had nothing on them.

Made me laugh but as I had to pay a fine to these scum the other day I thought I'd write a letter demanding an explanation. It's very tongue in cheek and a bit of a wind up, but it makes me chuckle to think that someone is going to have to write back and treat it seriously :hihi I'm sending it off tomorrow so if anyone wants me to add anything let me know and I'll put it in (within reason!) and post up their response...

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to register a complaint regarding my experience in your store today. My family and I make several visits a week to your shop and when we last checked, we spend on average £800 per month in your store.

I have a 4 week old baby who I decided to take shopping with me. I parked in a ‘parent and child space’ and took her in her rear-facing car seat into the store with me, using one of your specially adapted trollies for this purpose.

Upon my return to the car I was puzzled and shocked to see a rather rude leaflet under my car windscreen wiper. It was worded ‘You have parked in a space reserved for customers with small children and babies - please dont!‘ I stopped and checked. Yes, I was a customer. I stopped again. Yes, I did have a small baby. I looked around. I noted that other vehicles that were already parked in these spaces when I arrived but which also didn’t have visible child seats did not have notices on their windscreens apart from one other performance vehicle, which had received the same notice as I had.

Whilst I realise this is a notice and not a ticket of any kind, I am angered at how rude the notice is and how it appears that I was judged based on the type of car I drive. A performance car may not be a typical family car, but this does not mean that owning a BMW M3 precludes me from being a father.

I would appreciate it if you could send me a detailed explanation as to why I received this notice and under what training your staff are told to put these notices on performance vehicles. I can only conclude that they are told to do this, as the only other car that had a notice was a Mercedes SLK. I can understand that maybe your parking attendant wanted a convenient excuse to touch my glistening beast - perhaps the power bulge, aggressive stance and the 19 inch polished alloy wheels were too irresistible to ignore and they just had to be a part of it. Whatever the reason, this does not excuse the rude notice he or she left behind to mark their unwanted grubby presence. How dare they even use their grimy fingers to lift my windscreen wiper?

Considering the money we spend in your store, and how loyal we have been since the Worthing branch of Morrisons has opened, I would appreciate you sending me a goodwill gesture to keep my business. I will quite happily take my shopping elsewhere in future unless you are able to explain this situation.

I do not want this palmed off to Euro Carparks and for you to tell me to write to them separately. You, as a corporate entity, employ them to police your car parks. You must have dealings with them because they are being contracted by you, and it was your font and logo on the notice. I will expect a satisfactory response from you by the end of the month and if I do not receive this I am happy to throw the matter open to the public of Worthing by publishing my story in the local paper. Car park attendants and traffic wardens are not flavour of the month in this town, and have been criticised as driving away business from the town, so any publicity will not serve to be beneficial to your only branch of Morrisons between Brighton and Crawley.

Yours faithfully...
This should be a good tread good for you prejudged because of the type of car you drive cant wait to hear their lame excuse.
well done you for writing.

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
It was in Morrisons and a Euro Car Parks thing. Thought it was official? Please don't tell me its unenforceable?!!!
It's unenforecable - it's private property and therefore is an invoice. What losses have ECP or Morrisons incurred that necessitates you paying them?....

Worthless piece of paper..........

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but, honestly, I would refrain from the personal insults and insinuations with regard to the person who left the note - tends to really get peoples goat.... Other than that, shout loud and long to whoever will listen - about time someone did something about these people that ticket and fine people for parking legitimately. I have had fines withdrawn with similar tactics with regard to parking using my wife's disabled badge on my M3 (imagine, someone disabled in an M3 convertible) - and yes she was with me!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good thing I haven't paid yet then!! Was due to pay by Monday... Should I not bother even though they have a pic of my registration and are threatening it will go up to £90?

I agree about no losses but on street parking fines are enforceable. What have the council incurred that necessitates you paying them?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but, honestly, I would refrain from the personal insults and insinuations with regard to the person who left the note - tends to really get peoples goat.... Other than that, shout loud and long to whoever will listen - about time someone did something about these people that ticket and fine people for parking legitimately. I have had fines withdrawn with similar tactics with regard to parking using my wife's disabled badge on my M3 (imagine, someone disabled in an M3 convertible) - and yes she was with me!!!
I know what you're saying Kevin, normally I'm very polite but as it's an unofficial thing I just wanted to make someone smile :D kKnow what you're saying though:)

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Good thing I haven't paid yet then!! Was due to pay by Monday... Should I not bother even though they have a pic of my registration and are threatening it will go up to £90?

I agree about no losses but on street parking fines are enforceable. What have the council incurred that necessitates you paying them?
Council (or public) land is covered by the law (in respect of parking and other things as well of course). Private land is not. Private Parking Companies (PPCs) cannot issue fines or collect penalties BY LAW (only poilce, PCSOs, traffic wardens and PPCs appointed by councils for council property can).

No you should not bother. You wil lget futher letters and then a threatening letter saying they''' take you to court from a 'debt collector' (whose address will coincidentally be the same as the PPC). Please yourself if you think different!

You could simply read the zillion of proven example on Pepipoo....if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Council (or public) land is covered by the law (in respect of parking and other things as well of course). Private land is not. Private Parking Companies (PPCs) cannot issue fines or collect penalties BY LAW (only poilce, PCSOs, traffic wardens and PPCs appointed by councils for council property can).

No you should not bother. You wil lget futher letters and then a threatening letter saying they''' take you to court from a 'debt collector' (whose address will coincidentally be the same as the PPC). Please yourself if you think different!

You could simply read the zillion of proven example on Pepipoo....if you don't believe me.
Won't bother! Need to do more reading on Pepipoo. You've just saved me £70. How much do I owe you?:hihi

·
Registered
217 Posts

Have one more read of the ticket, it will say "May" go to court, "might" affect you credit rating etc.
Laugh and consign it to the bin.
I did when it happend to me. 8 months later and I've still heard nothing. They scare you into paying. If even 10% of people pay up, the robbers still make a fortune.

Reactions: Gabriel

·
Registered
153 Posts
:lol:lolmy favourite part!!!!!!!
'How dare they even use their grimy fingers to lift my windscreen wiper?'
well done!!
i usually stare at my car outside the store while paying at checking desk,
if somebody tries to touch or do something (i hate palm prints/finger prints, etc) i instantly open and close the door and people usually freak out and go away:rofl
a bit childish but works..
if you're far away, use your head (point your remote to your head and try)
it'll work from a far distance. (not sure if it'd give any hazards to brain..:shifty:)

anyways, i wanna know what happens next!!

Reactions: Gabriel

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't disagree with the sentiment, but, honestly, I would refrain from the personal insults and insinuations with regard to the person who left the note - tends to really get peoples goat
This ^ Whilst it is very eloquent and well thought out I'd refrain from personal insults and outright demanding a goodwill gesture. Just explain that they're prejudice and you do not appreciate them making such assumptions on your character. They'll probably send a goodwill gesture anyway, and if they don't leave a dirty protest on their customer service desk or something.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.