BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd just like to say Rest In Peace to LEGENDARY comic actor Leslie Nielsen!

Airplane was one of the first films I ever saw and I enjoyed it very much. So much that after watching it I looked for more films by the same funny guy. I will miss not seeing any new material from him. R.I.P Leslie.

LEGENDARY comic actor Leslie Nielsen has died aged 84.

The Canadian was best known for his roles in hit movies Airplane! and The Naked Gun, as well as the television series Police Squad.

His death was first reported in unconfirmed messages on Twitter which suggested the actor had died in the hospital after suffering from pneumonia.

His nephew Doug Nielsen revealed that Leslie had been in hospital in Ft Lauderdale, Florida for 12 days and that with family and friends by his side at 5:30pm local time "he just fell asleep and passed away.",

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...eslie-Nielsen-dies-aged-84.html#ixzz16e1mbDjh

:frown

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Top comic. I remember watching Airplane and Monty Python's life of Brian in a double-bill at the Sidcup Odeon (!) in 1978............my body ached, I've never laughed so much since!

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Sad.

Roger, Roger, Clearance, Clarence..... Epic :thumbsup
Loved that film. The Naked Guns are a few of my favourite films. His appearance in Scary Movie 4 was also pretty awesome.

R.I.P to a cinema legend.

P.S > did anyone else think he never seemed to age? He was 54 in Airplane! which came out in 1980, yet he looked exactly the same aged 84.

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
what a legacy to leave behind though...people will still be l;aughing at his stuff for a hundred years.
we have clearance clarence, roger roger, whats our vector victor
170 degrees...roger...huh? pmsl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts