BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this has already been suggested but a good tip to restoring marks and scratches on you BMW leather interior is to use boot polish.

I tried this on my 328i Convertible today, which has black leather, with amazing results, obviously you have to polish it well off afterwards.

Saves you a fortune as well against branded leather restorer. Morrisons price 39p for boot polish, branded leather restorer £???

Also don't bother with expensive leather cleaner either, use sainsburys leather wipes at a frction of the cost, the type you use on your leather suite at home, they work the same if not better and also have conditioner on them to protect your leather afterwards.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found that if you have a light coloured leather interior that shaving foam works wonders seems strange doesnt it but honestly my leather apart from the odd scratch and bit of wear after a good scrub with a cloth with sum foam on it came up a treat looks brand new its also good for getting some stains out :thumbsup try it.

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
I found that if you have a light coloured leather interior that shaving foam works wonders seems strange doesnt it but honestly my leather apart from the odd scratch and bit of wear after a good scrub with a cloth with sum foam on it came up a treat looks brand new its also good for getting some stains out :thumbsup try it.
:thumbsup Lol, might give this a go, well I have nothing to loose!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Leather spray kits are relatively cheap and easy enough to use, provides a longer lasting solution.
Waterbased paint also so any overspray is easily dealt with.

Would avoid wiping your leather down with any wipes as they are likely to have a more damaging effect in drying out the leather.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.