BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking for a little help if possible.
i have the kenwood KVT-729DVD head unit installed and i have no joy so i was gonna purchase the Kenwood
KCA-BT200 bluetooth accessory,

http://au.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainment/Accessories/KCA-BT200

the question i have is can i connect my existing sterring colum mounted mic to the KCA-BT200 instead of installing a horible mic that comes with it? and where would i find the mic lead?

Thanks in advance for answers.
any help appreciated

·
Registered
114 Posts
No Sorry mate it cant be done. I am a vodafone enginer and i have thought this loads as it would be much easyer but other makes of mics dont go well together.
Are you having problems running the mic?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Hehehe . I know bazzag and hes a bit of a perfectionist . :silly
I think hes thinking along the lines of installing a mic when theres already one there seems silly type thing .
Is it possible to find out what type of mic bmw use then and find out if that company have a bluetooth device .
Just a thought...

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can always mount the parrot mic where the factory mic sits, just take out the old and put the parrot mic in its place. I have even taken the mics apart befor and done this where ther was not enough space for the new mic. Getting a bmw bluetooth kit would cost LOADS...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for the info guys, how about using my existing line in from my factory installed BMW bluetooth and adding it to the line in on my new head unit?
the only thing is i dont know if this would cut off the music already coming through the stereo!!?
now give me a computer any day and ill make it cook breakfast for you but car stereos aint my thing LMAO.
is there any good wiring diagrams that could help me find the line in from my BMW Bluetooth.
Thanks again people

·
Registered
114 Posts
For what you are going to go through doing this it would be better just to get the parrot kit. Is there a reason why you dont want to get it? It would work through the touch screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts