BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The first link i posted are the ones.
I sniped the legs of the old battery off to get the battery out of the way making it easy to get the legs out of the circuit board if you get what i mean.

·
Registered
224 Posts

You have some missing components from the pcb what i marked on this picture. these are very easy to break off while you cuting the key open. there is your solution. best to send it for a repair service. you can also check the battery with a multimiter if it has 2.6v or more so you will know if there is voltage to the key. but without those capacitors or resistors it will not work. Don't ask me how i know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Checked battery its 3.volts so a good un.thanks for pointing that out.will update when sorted.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You have some missing components from the pcb what i marked on this picture. these are very easy to break off while you cuting the key open. there is your solution. best to send it for a repair service. you can also check the battery with a multimiter if it has 2.6v or more so you will know if there is voltage to the key. but without those capacitors or resistors it will not work. Don't ask me how i know.
Yeah very very easy to knock something off the pcb. my fob key which just unlocks the boot no longer works anymore. Not sure if it was due to cutting or my soldering... I can barely see anymore.

Good luck on the repair.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I never went down the route of cutting my key open. It opens the doors most of the time and starts the car. If it ever stops working the central locking I can just stick it in the lock. Too much potential to mess up my only key and I ain't buying a new one from the Stealer.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Cut loads open for m8's never had a problem just take my time with a diamond disc in a Dremel.
Problem i had with the first one i did was sticking it back together lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cut loads open for m8's never had a problem just take my time with a diamond disc in a Dremel.
Problem i had with the first one i did was sticking it back together lol.
I used that Sugru stuff. Works nicely and looks clean.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts