BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I own bmw f10 520d 2010 , and I have two keys , a little while after I bought the car I noticed that my locking and unlocking radius is decreasing to the point that both keys won't lock or unlock my car! I can only unlock and lock car when I sit inside and do it manually on central lock button inside car. After a while I replaced on both keys very high quality battery and also car battery Varta. Also I've checked fuses all are good and suddenly both keys again could lock and unlock and start the car without having to hover ''key'' icon underneath steering wheel, after 2 months keys are not working again....

So now I've done some research and I see there's two more maybe solutions for my problem which are might solved by replacing:
  • BMW central locking diversity module / Central locking system module.
  • antenna for the remote which is located in rear side of the car near rear window.

Please help and any advice is very welcome!

·
Registered
743 Posts
There are several antennas located around the car on f10 models,the main one for starting purposes is under the centre console. So as you are having difficulties unlocking and also starting the car then I would be more inclined to think diversity unit fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are several antennas located around the car on f10 models,the main one for starting purposes is under the centre console. So as you are having difficulties unlocking and also starting the car then I would be more inclined to think diversity unit fault.
Hi, Thanks for answer, well I will try replacing first modul which is near fuses box then rear window anthena modul. Will update here if something of those two helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts