BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Chaps,
well - the thread title sets the mood.
eight year olds cage fighting :eek and it's on You Tube, too.
and ,when one of the little kiddies breaks down in tears, the 21st centuries answer to bear/badger baiting & **** fighting is defended by some w*nker saying, "well - there's no real contact" . And that's the whitewash. Daddy Thug is no fool. The video that most people see does look like simple rolling around and grappling - with no striking. BUT look a bit further and you will see it in it's truest, most disgusting,gruesome light. Young kids, all helmeted and gloved up kicking and punching seven buckets of sh#t out of eachother.
Nope, it aint the Far East. It aint the USA. It's here.:frown
Yeah, I know Thug Junior will love to emulate Thug Senior and more than likely get just as big a buzz out of it. But what happens to Thug Junior who doesn't really want to be there & is doing it just to please Thug Senior & Mrs Thug Senior. ?
And what happens to the harmless little kids who cross the paths of Thug Junior in the playground ? And what happens to Thug Juniors teachers when they upset him ?
Who can really be happy that their children are growing up and having to share a world with the likes of Thug Junior and Co. And a few years from now Thug Juniors kids. Like it ain't already bad enough.
And here we have the next generation of Football Thugs & Granny Muggers.
Yeah, I know I may be over-generalizing and some may not share my opinion here BUT ask yourself......where's it all leading us, after all they're young , very impressionable kids with no real sense of right and wrong yet.
Over and Out. Well over and Right out.
Your Obedient Servant,

Eddie E.Hitler xxx

·
Registered
431 Posts
That sounds pretty dark. link the video man, I wanna check it out!

Although I did kickboxing from the age of 6 to 16, well Karate/Kickboxing - sport fighting anyway. Got my black belt, did a bit of teaching and then got lazy, found women and drink etc. lol.

Sucked to be the kid who bullied me in middle school. Kids that age aren't expecting a knee to the face when they're just learning how to throw a punch!!

It was gloved up, but full contact, so lot's of bruised ribs, black eyes and even a dislocated jaw in my childhood. lol. i was probably 11 when i took that kick to my face and knocked my jaw loose. Still, at least i can click it in and out of place now!

Dad was by no means a thug, not by a long shot, but was a little too supportive and while I know he was doing it to teach me some kind of staying power, there were nights i didn't want to train but he'd make me.

Better person for it though i think.

·
BFUK Meets Organiser
1,167 Posts
My little one does Karate. He loves it.

Seeing that video last night on the news was just wrong!!!!:eek

I felt so sorry for the little boys. Growing up as kids is about kicking a footabll in a park, playing on swings and just being naughty. :thumbsup

Not doing that kind of shocking activity!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I dunno you know. No striking, just grappling. Seems OK to me i reckon.

But as i said, i was giving and taking straight punches to the face and head kicks at 8, but because it was called "Martial Arts" rather than "Cage Fighting" it was all OK.

i think MMA is now a recognised and socially acceptable Martial Art (well a mixture, lol) I see little difference between this and Karate, or Boxing, or even Rugby!!!

This looks like little more than the all american pass time WRASSLING.

Still, i wouldn't want my lad doing it, but i'd rather him do that than a full contact fighting sport.

·
Registered
121 Posts
theres a massive difference between that and rugby

you cant play full contact rugby till your in the older ages at least 10 -12+ that includes contested scrums and its only tap tackles ...

that video is just wrong ... its not a art in any way shape or form its dads getting there kids to fight .. yes it with teach a few things but mostly violence

Within Rugby and from a very very early age you are taught disapline, i.e. no answering back, self control and respect.. all seem to be lacking here ...

Martial Arts are also taught in the same way .. its all about self control and disipline ..

·
Registered
431 Posts
theres a massive difference between that and rugby

you cant play full contact rugby till your in the older ages at least 10 -12+ that includes contested scrums and its only tap tackles ...

that video is just wrong ... its not a art in any way shape or form its dads getting there kids to fight .. yes it with teach a few things but mostly violence

Within Rugby and from a very very early age you are taught disapline, i.e. no answering back, self control and respect.. all seem to be lacking here ...

Martial Arts are also taught in the same way .. its all about self control and disipline ..
That's a good point, I just remember getting pretty badly injured in Rugby, like worse than any martial arts injury, but I was probably 12 or 13 at the time to be fair.

Although as the chap says, no striking involved for the young kids, which i'd say is akin to no full contact in Rugby.

As said above though, the time of kids playing nicely in the park and climbing trees etc is kinda over. It's sad, but it's true. The streets aren't safe for kids these days, and when my lad is bigger I'd take some comfort knowing he could defend himself.

I'd say there is respect and discipline taught to these kids too, I mean he says they're training day in, day out and to me that says discipline and respect. - as the guy in the video says, rather training than out causing trouble!

I mean you saw the riots recently right? - Those are the kids without something like this in their life to concentrate on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I honestly dont see much of a difference between this and other full contact sports, it teaches discipline in the same way any other martial art does. I think with MMA becoming so popular now its going to take most people a while to see that 'cage fighting' is just another sport. I've been doing MMA for the past 2 years and have only seen one injury in that whole time (burst eye socket) but my friends who play rugby are regularly in hospital with serious injuries... Just got to hope the parents aren't giving them the impression its okay to take their new skills and use them outside the octagon eh!

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a good point, I just remember getting pretty badly injured in Rugby, like worse than any martial arts injury, but I was probably 12 or 13 at the time to be fair.

Although as the chap says, no striking involved for the young kids, which i'd say is akin to no full contact in Rugby.

As said above though, the time of kids playing nicely in the park and climbing trees etc is kinda over. It's sad, but it's true. The streets aren't safe for kids these days, and when my lad is bigger I'd take some comfort knowing he could defend himself.

I'd say there is respect and discipline taught to these kids too, I mean he says they're training day in, day out and to me that says discipline and respect. - as the guy in the video says, rather training than out causing trouble!

I mean you saw the riots recently right? - Those are the kids without something like this in their life to concentrate on.

humm i have had some bad injuries playing rugby, but all my fault, just putting my body in the wrong postion and then realising im not made of concrete and the other guy is alot heavier than me :rofl

reading back my post wasnt exactly the best,

the cage fighting in my opinion is say like that fake wreastling you see on the T.V. the kids watch then go out and copy, yeah its the same with any martial art but cage fighting is no holes barred and kids pick that up .. so i guess yeah while it teaches them and keeps them occupied how long until one of them goes up and sparks another kid out or worse because he/she wanted to show them some moves ..

again yeah it happens with other arts but this just seems brutal for kids of that age .. maybe at that age they should be taught how to defend rather than how to attack ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I honestly dont see much of a difference between this and other full contact sports, it teaches discipline in the same way any other martial art does. I think with MMA becoming so popular now its going to take most people a while to see that 'cage fighting' is just another sport. I've been doing MMA for the past 2 years and have only seen one injury in that whole time (burst eye socket) but my friends who play rugby are regularly in hospital with serious injuries... Just got to hope the parents aren't giving them the impression its okay to take their new skills and use them outside the octagon eh!

thats the long and short of it right there .. its how do the parents stop the kids taking it out of the environment is ment for ..

as above rather than teaching attack, at that age what about defence how to break out of holds and such like ?? again bringing it back to rugby .. at a young age your taught how to protect yourself in a tackle and how to get away from the tackle area and how lines to run to avoid being caught etc etc .. yeah its different sport but surely the same logic can be applied ??

and your rugby playing mates are whimps haha :rofl

·
Registered
85 Posts
thats the long and short of it right there .. its how do the parents stop the kids taking it out of the environment is ment for ..

as above rather than teaching attack, at that age what about defence how to break out of holds and such like ?? again bringing it back to rugby .. at a young age your taught how to protect yourself in a tackle and how to get away from the tackle area and how lines to run to avoid being caught etc etc .. yeah its different sport but surely the same logic can be applied ??

and your rugby playing mates are whimps haha :rofl

Haha they're not quite wimps but I see the point they do need to man up a tad, the hardest part of mma is defense I think and hopefuly this is what their trainer will be emphasising.

It is a difficult one for the parents though I don't see any easy way to stop them going out and fighting at school or on the street, at least doing mma shows you theres always someone bigger and tougher out there!

I'll admit I do have a bit of a grudge against rugby people so possibly not the best example to use :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
haha .. i have only been into hospital once with a rugby injury and i was blue lighted in with my leg facing the wrong way from the knee down ... hummm ...

broke nurmeros things sice and just strapped them up and carried on .. this might however have somethng to do with me deep route absolute fear of anything hospital related ..

yeah it was something we (when i was training) had trouble with when the younger lads started contact rugby they all wanted to go and show off, you just have to remind them that although they had had instruction on how to fall correctly and prtect themselves other havent and they could end up causing serious injury.. most seem to listen .. a minority come back next week with a black eye after they have tried to tackle their older brother or dad ..

i hadnt noticed the grudge hahaha i would have thought being in swansea rugby would be in your blood so to speak ..

·
Registered
408 Posts
I dont disagree with kids cage fighting in any way what so ever.

Its exactly the same as kids doing karate, judo etc etc

Its the aura of the term "Cage Fighting" which is frowned upon.

Cage fighting is a mixed martial arts and is, like all martial arts, is a controlled sport.

Take the cage away, would there then be a problem???

Baz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, I take all that on board guys-
and my remarks weren't specifically aimed at the vid showing the kids with no helmets and pads etc rolling around doing fairly harmless wrestling moves - - - the vids I was remarking on were the other ones on youtube (sorry I haven't yet learnt how to transfer them from youtube to here ) where young kids of the same age ( albeit geared up) really are kicking & punching seven bells out of each other - but what is equally appalling, if not moreso, is the background noise of them being so violently cheered on - like something out of the Gladiators in the Colliseum.
don't get me wrong, I'm not a peace & love hippy and I admittedly have blotted my copybook on more than a few occasions and I studied Shotokan Karate for a good few years BUT there's a totally different feel watching grown adults baying on their offspring in that particular environment.

Eddie Hitler xx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts