BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks lovely mate.. Job well done!:cool .. Perfect weather for it today.. Spent three hours washing, claying and waxing mine.. Very satisfying and they might actually stay clean for a while if it stays dry!

Very nice car you have :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
:cool

How long did it take?
Spring driving weather is here, black does look the biz when it's clean. Itching to do mine but am moving house next week so have spent ALL day gardening.

My back is killing me and my arms look like a lion has been using them as a scratching post.

I will wash and wax before pitching up at my new house and making the neighbours green with envy - will have to drive there slowly so as not to get too much road/verge spray. :rofl

·
Registered
851 Posts
what products did you use mate? im thinking about doing a 'how to' for cutting back and protecting paint work, as im a proffesional vehicle valeter...anybody think its worth doing for the benifit of the forum? maybe keep as a sticky?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
what products did you use mate? im thinking about doing a 'how to' for cutting back and protecting paint work, as im a proffesional vehicle valeter...anybody think its worth doing for the benifit of the forum? maybe keep as a sticky?
Definalty worth doing mate would be good to see some tips from a valeter. :thumbsup

Car looks good Lgb :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
looks good chappy, dark colours always look fab when they're given some attention! Still LOVE the e36 coupes. Will never really know why I changed mine lol.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for the replys guys!

what products did you use mate?
Wash: Microfibre mitt & Turtlewax "Wash & Wax", not the best but cheap from halfords & ive always got good results from it, tried others, but always go back, AG shampoo for instance ive tried which i personally dislike very much!

Polish: Megs applicator pad & good old AG "Super Resin Polish" - quick & always easy to remove.

Wax: Some "Vauxhall VXR" labeled stuff made by Sonax, its a proper hard wax (which ive never used till now) not liquid, got it from work the other day for free so thought i'd give it a go!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Pictures look very impressive:cool

I hate cleaning cars..... until I've finished:hihi

I would get up in the morning and get back in the house in the evening... Car would look awesome when finished though:cool

Then it would be off for a slow PIMP around town with the choons pumping and the windows down:rofl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.