BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its official (for me anyways)...:eek:eek:eek

Just went up to fill up my car, she was nearly empty with about 40 miles left. Pulled upto the shell station. Picked up the V-power diesel nozzle and looked up and could see in black and white....

£1.509

I nearly cried! :hihi:hihi It cost me £91 to fill her up :eek:eek When I bought the car in March 09 I remember a full tank costing around £63!! :hihi:hihi

So much for being a cheap motor!

Rant over!!!

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Odd - I filled up Mrs AFC's in Tesco's last night and ordinary unleaded (petrol) had dropped from around £.133-1.35 to £1.31..........

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
:jaw-dropping

Quite strange round my way, as at a Texaco garage, normal unleaded was 140.9
I went to Tesco, and the Momentum was 139.0

Guess which went in the car :rofl

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seb paid that much because it's V-Power. Ordinary Shell derv is about 12p cheaper.
At the shell I used today it was 8p cheaper iirc. May have to think about using the normal stuff if things keep going up :frown

The lady behind the til told me that they had put everything down by 1p today as well :shifty:

Just updated my fuelly account and checked this time last year vpower was 20p cheaper!!! :mad:mad

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Odd - I filled up Mrs AFC's in Tesco's last night and ordinary unleaded (petrol) had dropped from around £.133-1.35 to £1.31..........
Thats good to know as louise has no longer got the 205 derv but a mk2 golf 1.6 petrol! ;) Juicy as fcuk tho!! :mad

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
£1.50!! :jaw-dropping that's criminal!
It's about time petrol companies were investigated as their profits are way to high and how come garages charge differently, two tesco's close and 1 is 2p a litre dearer ( I'm guessing because it's just off the A14 so gives them a licience to rob!)

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i would try the supermarkets mate as i did hear that if you spend over $40 you get 5p a litre off:thumbsup:thumbsup
Yeah I noticed that mate :thumbsup morrisons iirc

TBH my cars not used daily and I only fill it up once every 5-6 weeks so its not as bad as it was when I was doing crazy miles. So for the time being I'll carry on using the 'posh' stuff and just keep an eye on things.

When are we all going to be driving electric beemers :lol:lol

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Neal
i own an M5, need i say more, petrol prices are no concern to me, my company foots the bill, which in turn i put on the cilents price:hihi:hihi
I hope that I never need you to do any work for me judging by the amount that prices are going up and the rate that thing devours fuel....:frown

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
I hope that I never need you to do any work for me judging by the amount that prices are going up and the rate that thing devours fuel....:frown
Kevin
dont need any drains or ductwork fitted mate:rofl:rofl:rofl

In that case, can you pay for my fuel and charge it to Kevin when you do some work for him? :rofl
See i asked:rofl:rofl:rofl

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
i went to luton yesterday and was doing 27.5mpg, so its not a bad as you think, it did however show 9mpg when i was giving it the beans:hihi:hihi:hihi

1 - 20 of 40 Posts