BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys just bought a used E60 from main dealer. Had to rush to get to it first since they sell within hours.

been looking for 525d SE for a few weeks and finally found one with great spec and decent price.

The car is high mileage but since i do very low miles anyway that doesn't bother me.
Anyway its one owner, FULL BMWSH the its a dealership's own car they sold to a customer. So i guess the history is spot on.

Anyway it has most of spec i need.

Its automatic with leather, Bi-xenons, white lenses(not sure what they are), BLuetooth, Cd changer, Through load/ski bag, heated seats, and has a coating applied to painwork(i've been told). It doesn't have sat nav but has latest idrive. It has PDC/front/rear. 3 spoke leather stearing wheel( a wheel a wheel), 17" alloys, advanced air con.

Its a 2004 04 reg 525d SE, mileage is 80K.

What should one pay for it.

I had to pay full price as dealer new it was a cheap car and to me I've lost many cars around 10k with less spec 04 plate. I've been offered 400 quid less for my car its booking at 3250, they offered me 2850. I will sell mine privately for around 3500-3800 and pay full price.

They gave me option..either take 2850 or sell privately and if you can't sell for that come back in and we will give you 2850 for your car...seems fair i guess.

Anyway even if i overpayed by 500-1000 at least it has the spec i want and 3 month warranty which i will extend.

what do u guys think? Good deal....be honest..truth wont' hurt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry didn't tell you what i paid.

I paid asking price 9.5k. Now tell me I overpayed.
Glass trade in value 7900 and 8500 is by aa.com which uses Glass. But the car is one owner and in excellent condition/motorway miles.
delaer prices are around 10K or more.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Sorry didn't tell you what i paid.

I paid asking price 9.5k. Now tell me I overpayed.
Glass trade in value 7900 and 8500 is by aa.com which uses Glass. But the car is one owner and in excellent condition/motorway miles.
delaer prices are around 10K or more.
To be fair , even if it was a little more , if its what you want , its worth every penny . I dont think that was a bad price at all considering its history , and if like me you do low mileage then after a few years the high mileage issue will have balanced out . I do around 2.5 - 3k per year , my wifes 5 door family car does the hard miles .:hihi
When i sell mine on it will be low mileage for its age hopefully.
Good luck with your car and hope it brings you much pleasure. I can tell it does already the way you write about it .:hihi:hihi:hihi

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.