BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all :lol just bought my 1st ever bmw 1993 bmw 318 se 1.8cc manual transmission after my 4x4 died on me and now forcast snow eeekkkk ben told they not very good in snow any one wanna inform me difrent ben a female and only 26 i;m quite anxious to weather i should venture out wiht my little kids in back

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Hi and welcome to Bimmerforums UK Angel1724, congratulations on purchasing your new car and good luck in the snow if it does come :hihi, they aren't great so I've heard at climbing hills in the snow, lots of drifting action which would amuse some no end ;)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
To be honest they are two hand fulls in the snow, but if you have traction control they are a doddle.

Just take it very easy even when going in a straight line until you get used to your car in icy/snowy conditions.

Hope its runs well for you.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
hiya all :lol just bought my 1st ever bmw 1993 bmw 318 se 1.8cc manual transmission after my 4x4 died on me and now forcast snow eeekkkk ben told they not very good in snow any one wanna inform me difrent ben a female and only 26 i;m quite anxious to weather i should venture out wiht my little kids in back
Hi and welcome

BMWs are not good in the snow.

The trick is to be VERY gentle with steering around corners and also with the accelerator and you will be fine :D

I drove an M3 around in some lethal conditions a good few years ago and it was less than fun.

Downright scary actually :eek

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome in. (don't take the next lines too seriously)

Get a man to drive and stop worrying about the snow. :silly

You probably drive better than all the blokes here put together anyway! :thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx i'm looking forward to driving in the snow now.....bout as much as the day that i pop my clogs pmsl well it just started snowing here so guess monday will be watch out roads caz is out n about lmao (note to you all if you live in or around grimsby stay off the roads) LOL

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
thx i'm looking forward to driving in the snow now.....bout as much as the day that i pop my clogs pmsl well it just started snowing here so guess monday will be watch out roads caz is out n about lmao (note to you all if you live in or around grimsby stay off the roads) LOL
Just remember to imagine that you are on a sheet of ice, and drive accordingly!!! (seriously)

Use SMOOTH and GENTLE inputs to the steering and accelerator and you will be fine ;)

if the roads are really bad take the bus :hihi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbsup shall take note of that and will hopefully be able pt here 2moz yayyy me and most importantly my car & 1st yr no claim bonus due in march is safe!!! lmao but 2moz will tell oh how i wish i'd never booked my car in to have shockers changed 2moz lmao

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi guy's thanks 4 the warm welcome :) and glad to say i went out n about and was suprised realie never even felt back end pull once.
SS to hear you cant drive your's yet armanib lets hope u get behind wheel of yours soon i've had quite a few diffrent cars from rovers to mondeo to a vauxhall frontera and now ownin a nice bmw i shall never look back they seem to be the best most comfy car i eva driven:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
not long got my first bmw a 318 as well ..welcome m8

did 3x 360 burnout style spins in b and q car park on the snow

damn it felt good :eek some onlookers were looking daft at me :lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts