BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the forum and new to the world of BMW ownership. I have a 2014 320d touring m sport and initially it was a great purchase.

I’m now having some issues, my partner and I went out last weekend and on the motorway I noticed some serious brake judder, the juddering would slow as the vehicle slowed down which made me think it was something brake related and saw that warped discs is relatively common. Took it to the garage (vw Walton on Thames) which I have a years warranty with and they checked it over and said there was play in the front offside control arm bush so they replaced the control arm and bushes and both sides and it seems to have fixed it slighty but it still behaves weird under braking.

When I brake there is vibration under heavy braking and it feels like the engine braking is pretty harsh (Now this is my first automatic vehicle so this may be a common feeling) and it has a slight judder to it when I think it goes down the gears. I have put it into manual and done it and seems to have helped the situation but there is still the vibration. Is this because braking puts a lot of weight through the front wheels and the runflats don’t really absorb the bumps too well?

It’s really hard to explain the issues without someone driving it.

Also, sorry if this topic has been covered before, I did do a search but couldn’t really find the same issue.

Thanks, matt

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sounds like you need to take a mechanic from the Garage who warranty it out & demonstrate the problem.
Brake discs out of true would be my main suspect for juddering when braking.
Lumpy gear change on auto box could be the ATF getting old & thin.
I think there may be a software update for the auto ECU so might be worth a call to BMW to see if it applies to your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to a garage that I trust and they picked up some slight distortion with the front discs so I shall be booking it infor repair. So much for their “thorough 30 point check” obviously doesn’t check the brakes! Buying a car should be an enjoyable experience..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts