BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thought the car looked quite good tonight (after a days effort cleaning!! :) ) and under the artificial light - only had my iPhone with me so apologies for the crappy quality! :D

I need to give it a proper detail and then get some better quality pics updated!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
INTERIOR MAKEOVER CONTINUED:

My latest purchase for the interior is a Doug Whalen hood release handle in anodised black:

Should be a lot more substantial than the pony plastic stock items which are prone to breaking.. :rofl:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Been playing with my new camera so decided to take some pics of the car as it was look relatively clean today and the weather wasn't bad either!:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thought the car looked quite good tonight (after a days effort cleaning!! :) ) and under the artificial light - only had my iPhone with me so apologies for the crappy quality! :D

I need to give it a proper detail and then get some better quality pics updated!!
is that fountain park:thumbsup:thumbsup or its OT

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just got back in and decided to try the camera out in some lower light conditions - plus the roof was down and for a convertible - I've just realised there is a lack of top down pictures in this thread!! LOL! - you can also see the rear shocks/coilovers in some of the pictures which I thought was pretty cool!:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looking good matey....let the wind blow through ya hair...:shifty: :jaw-dropping

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
INTERIOR MAKEOVER CONTINUED 2:
My Windblox lexan windscreen arrived from the US today so got round to fitting it - think it looks pretty good and can remain in place all the time (regardless of whether the hood is up or down as it doesn't limit visibility through the rear window). Tested it with the wife in the car up to motorway speeds and it makes a remarkable difference!! - a lot better than some of the similar options available from UK vendors IMHO:

More images below:

BRAKE OVERHAUL AND EARLS BRAIDED CLUTCH LINE:
The brakes were completely overhauled on Tuesday:
* Goodridge stainless brake lines fitted
* EBC Yellow Stuff Pads (front and rear) fitted
* Brembo HC discs (front and rear) fitted
* Castrol Super Response DOT 4 brake fluid

In addition - I also fitted the Earls Performance braided clutch line! - although there is 2 version of this and it would appear as though I have the wrong one - as there is very little clearance between the clutch hose union/hose and the bulkhead. I've now ordered (and since received) the version with the hard pipe 40 degree bend in it (so it's going back in on Tuesday to have this one swapped in).

SERVICE:
The car also had a full service on Wednesday - all fluids, spark plugs etc. In addition I also had the following jobs carried out:

* New power steering cooling line fitted
* New thermostat, thermostat housing and gaskets
* New water-pump with metal impeller fitted

21 - 40 of 59 Posts