BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the tip. is there any danger of doing damage to the paintwork with the kit you suggest?

Bazza
There is always an element when using machinery on paintwork, a lot less risk with a random orbital like in the link oppossed to a rotary.

An orbital spins on a random axis so the heat generated isn't fixed in one spot, a rotary spins in one spot so heat is generated quicker.

as long as a bit of common sense is used then you shouldn't have any problems with the random action, best to familiarise yourself and practice first on a scrap panel.:thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
There is always an element when using machinery on paintwork, a lot less risk with a random orbital like in the link oppossed to a rotary.

An orbital spins on a random axis so the heat generated isn't fixed in one spot, a rotary spins in one spot so heat is generated quicker.

as long as a bit of common sense is used then you shouldn't have any problems with the random action, best to familiarise yourself and practice first on a scrap panel.:thumbsup
Hi man , came across your name a few times when searching for advice. You hand out some pretty handy tips too . Just to let you know it is appreciated . And handy . :hihi
I was looking into detAILING MY m3 THEN TODAY realised it has been resprayed . So not sure how detailing would be on a resprayed car . I assume its not a BMW paintjob . :frown

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi man , came across your name a few times when searching for advice. You hand out some pretty handy tips too . Just to let you know it is appreciated . And handy . :hihi
I was looking into detAILING MY m3 THEN TODAY realised it has been resprayed . So not sure how detailing would be on a resprayed car . I assume its not a BMW paintjob . :frown
No problem mate and thanks, A resprayed car will not effect you detailing it, just means it will have more paint than standard, as long as the bodyshop did it's prepping well then there should be no issues with the finish.
Are you machine polishing? if so then just treat it with the same care as you would a panel with normal paint readings.:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.