BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it was closer i defo would but 230 miles is a bit to much.no spare time at the mo,bugger.im not getting rid of the m3 but after some camping last year in the m3 or the mrs punto ive decided that i want a big beemer and a long wheel base v12 750 fits the bill haha

·
2,115 Posts
Well it's the long wheel base and is pre facelift. It's not a sport and the colours may not be the best. So, sounds about right price-wise. An E38 needs to be well out of the ordinary to command any kind of money at all.

I would check everything very, very carefully before parting with your money because they can be fortunes to fix if you get a wrong-un.

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Raffa bought one of these (740i) for alot less than that. thats about right now :thumbsup
Just be aware that if anything goes wrong it will cost alot....

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I would say that's pretty much on the money all things considered. My gut says that something's not right though, don't know why but I get the feeling it's probably done galactic miles and clocked down a more believable 140k.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say that's pretty much on the money all things considered. My gut says that something's not right though, don't know why but I get the feeling it's probably done galactic miles and clocked down a more believable 140k.
im with you there hes saying hes spent quite a bit of money on it lately yet hes still open to offers for it.

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
I wouldn't buy a big 7 without full service history I bought a 728 with full service history 90% BMW only problem I saw with it was 5 owners but I got it for 1200 quid 110k ran smooth as you like and never had a problem with it! Ran like a dream! Loved every second of owning it but when ya do 15 miles to work n 15 back in stop start trafic and putting 90 quid in it every 300 miles wasn't worth it!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
the top end bmws are bought by rich people who can afford to run them!, when they trade them in for the newer models these become hard to sell, if you can not afford to buy the new big engined cars, then chances are you havn't got enough money to run them on a daily basis! or you would have bought new in the first place!, thats why these sort of cars are so cheap, once the first owner has passed it on then the market for people who want 1 and can afford to run them who don't want new, but can afford new if they had to! is very small.

·
2,115 Posts
I bought a 735i Sport in the summer (possibly rather impulsively) with lots of history and a recent-ish MOT but it still needed lots of suspension work and wotnot. It's good now it's all done but I would be super careful if I was buying another one. I'll never get the money back I spent on it.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Would take a chance on that for 15/16 hundred quid if i had the money, be great as a hobby/ sunday car on a classic policy.
7 owners seems a bit much though for that type of car at that age....:confused

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Would take a chance on that for 15/16 hundred quid if i had the money, be great as a hobby/ sunday car on a classic policy.
7 owners seems a bit much though for that type of car at that age....:confused
bought, couldn't afford to run= sell. dream over.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That price is about right, not even especially cheap for a 97. Personally I'd hold out for a 740i as they're not only cheaper to fix but a lot easier to work on aswell!
And if you're going to do anything drastic performance wise you'll end up doing better with the v8 anyway.
Of course if you're only gonna use it a few times a year for camping then a good 750il for less than 2k might be worth it if you're prepared to break it up in a few years if the worst happens!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
£1850 is plenty of money for that - it needs to be closer to a grand. It's not a great colour/spec, and the V12's are very heavy on fuel - I averaged about 17 in mine. You'll soon get fed up with putting fuel in it, just like the previous owners.........
Repair costs are enormous - water pump, rad, throttle motors.........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts