BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather then sign up to an Audl forum I wanted to some questions with regards to the realibilty of the diesel Audi engines?

Is there any major issues (like the BMW 1.8/2L timing chain failure) with the diesel Engines across the board for the hatchback/saloon model over the last 10 years?

I'm looking for a reliable German diesel and the E90 timing chain issue worries me about BMW

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
the older 1.9 diesels were very reliable and the 3.0 diesels are pretty tough also but the later 2.0 units have problems with the oil pumps failing.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the older 1.9 diesels were very reliable and the 3.0 diesels are pretty tough also but the later 2.0 units have problems with the oil pumps failing.
What year/model/range were the 1.9 diesels? Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought an Audi A4 2006 2.0td, it was a lovely looking motor but even in S Line trim it was basic it didn't even have a trip computer. it also had a problem with the oil pump which is common in 2.0d engines 2006-2008 ish. Newer models can have injector issuers over 100k and new injectors are about 250 each. In the end I lost confidence and sold it, the 1.9 has less problems but it is slower and they never come with a good spec, if they wanted a cheap model they bought a 1.9 all the sports and spec'd models are 2.0.
Happy hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts