BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

I did a quick search but could only find info on the E46 what are the tell signs of a facelift 328 convertible i heard something about if the side repeaters screw in or clip that means something ?

i only ask as im after a grill panel for it.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
afaik the facelift happened september 1996
you could try your chassis number in realoem.com to find out your build date
my e46 has a plaque on the n/s suspension turret saying a build date,maybe yours has one of these too?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so once i have the build date what are the tells of the facelift? im confused is there loads of different grilles? i.e the one from he saloon is different from the coupe which is diff from the face lift ? also did the saloon also get the facelift making it 4 different grille shapes ?

im just having trouble sourcing the right one.. i got one but where it wraps around the side of the car its different to mine in that it gets narrow where mine stays wider ? confused.com :(

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
maybe compare your side repeaters with ones in an advert that specify one or the other.
iirc it was only a very mild makeover so spotting isn't easy for for us not au fait with the e36 :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
On the e36 facelift's, the only thing I have noticed different are actually the grilles. The facelift grilles come wider, pretty much identical to the e46's. The non-facelift ones are narrow and pretty ugly, the rim around those are really thin. Which did your's originally come with?Have a look below:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The later cars have thinner and longer side repeaters in the front wing whereas the older cars had the shorter stubby ones with a bit of extra plastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts