BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just bought a used iPod interface (P/N: 65 11 0 392 130) thinking I could just DIY retrofit it to my 2007 Z4 Coupe but after a bit of googling I'm now left thinking that something needs coding in order for it to work?

Is that true? And if so what exactly do BMW need to do and why does it take the monkeys anywhere between 2 and 24 hours to do it as one post said?!

Where does it actually get fitted? Does the head unit need to come out? I haven't got a CD changer.

Thanks all,

Alex

·
Registered
168 Posts
Think they just use their BMW software to re-program your existing head unit, and charge you an arm and a leg for the privalege.

I have various postings on this subject - it's the same whether you want to add an iPod or a cd changer, you have to go to a BMW franchise to get your unit re-coded.

Rip off Britain. We are talking £300 for this work, I am told.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Fitting a CD Changer to a Z4 does not need codeing either.

The only BMWs that need codeing for a CD Changer at those that use the MOST optical bus, E60, E90 etc. The Z4 uses the older iBus serial communications, the CD Changer simply anounces itself on the bus and the radio recognises it. All iPod interfaces for iBus cars that give any sort of control emulate a CD Changer, the BMW devices included.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.