BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Have recently bought my first beemer, 323i coupe.
Well chuffed with it. Wondering if there are any prefered air filter kits can anyone recommend one?

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hello all
Well chuffed with it. Wondering if there are any prefered air filter kits can anyone recommend one?
HI and welcome to the forum

have a read of the posting rules

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f69/bimmerforums-uk-forum-guidelines-t1603/

The best air filter kit, is none :hihi
They are a false economy... keep the airbox as you will gain sound and lose power with a cone filter.
K and N panel filter might be worth trying

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'm not a fan of K&N filters, theya re too oily and cas cause MAF's to become damaged (I have wrecked a few in the past several years).

I now have a Pipercross filter in mine, which is more like a foam so have good filtration properties and does make the engine feel more torquey low down but slower at top end. I use this for tootling around in the city and then change to the standard filter for motorway work. No filter will actaully increase the power to any noticeable degree, but they will help sharpen the throttle response.

To be honest, I just use my pipercross as its clean and got lots of life left. But in future I will be leaving all air filters standard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all
Welcome bud,

Try the ITG panel, IMO it's ALOT better than the K&N but that's your shout, also you might want to de-baffle the airbox to give a better airflow- the combo will yield maybe 2-3hp, but will also sound good and is better than any intake I think....(google de-baffle e36, or PM me and I'll send you a link to the DIY)

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts