BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a weird one unless someone else has experienced it before I suppose.

A couple of weeks ago the interior blowers started playing up in the car and sods law had to happen on a hot day. They just wouldn't come on at all no matter what buttons I pressed or what knobs I turned. Well until i kicked down the footwell drivers side onto the centre console. It came on then. But only time that has worked.

So I thought blower knackered or final resistor.

But now i'm completely lost.

The blowers will run hot or cold as long as the Climate Control button is off and i'm actually driving. Literally the blowers speed up as I speed up. I slow down the blowers slow down. What the hell could cause that to run like that. Literally do not fancy taking out the dash etc to change parts that I dont't need to.

Works wether its on Manual or Auto.

Can someone please advise me with some diagnostics or anything I can do before I need to start stripping dash etc. MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and sorry been so long replying myself. I haven't been well. Well this weekend I'm going to start taking the console out and find out what's wrong . Totally doing my head in with no blowers especially in the weather we've been getting lately. Just a quick other question. Are there any testing procedures I can carry out with my multimeter on the relevant parts to diagnose which might be knackered?

Thank you very much again.

Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies and sorry been so long replying myself. I haven't been well. Well this weekend I'm going to start taking the console out and find out what's wrong . Totally doing my head in with no blowers especially in the weather we've been getting lately. Just a quick other question. Are there any testing procedures I can carry out with my multimeter on the relevant parts to diagnose which might be knackered?

Thank you very much again.

Tony

Also forgot too say. They don't run at all now. Only demist and heat coming out whilst the car is in motion.Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No mate. Still the same. Haven't had a bloody chance to take it all apart. I'm over 6 ft and need room to spread my wings. 😂Rained all week here and as I'm doing it outdoors not bloody ideal but I have found the blower on fleabay for under £50 and the hedgehog for around £30 so I'll just order both and bloody change them. 😂 CBA pissing about with it anymore. 😝😝

·
Registered
7 Posts
From 1 north wale an to other that's what's up with mine:
Okay bear with me. I've got the ac fan out and changed the final stage resister but it's not working unless 1 of the 2 plugs in the facia control panel is unplugged help!!!! Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a weird one. Might bloody try that on mine first before I strip it. But being a sparky most of my life I've seen something similar before and it was a faulty switch as it was shorting inside. So could well be that. Have you got a multimeter to test the switch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your a sparky?😂😂😂
Mrs came up with ECU Reset. I'm a Alfa fan to and have a 159 ecu reset is bty up plugged 30 mins then take it for a good long thrashing resets the ecu etc. Might work 😕

1 - 15 of 15 Posts