BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Twickenham today at a presentation by Dunnhumby, the data side of Tesco.

One of the speakers, an American, gave some data on internet usage on social networks in the US and I thought it quite applicable on here too.

90% of members are LURKERS, adding little value but taking learnings
9% of members are INTERMITTENT CONTRIBUTORS
1% of members are HEAVY CONTRIBUTORS

Well done the 9% & 1% :thumbsup

Fascinated me anyway

.....I'll fetch my coat

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have spent at least a nano-second of my life wondering why on earth you would want to not be a "Lurker" and you could substitute that word with "USER" which infact describes everyone who uses the internet!!?!!

The fact is on a Forum Most people "Stumble" on it by Googling searching knowledge, and after that a raport develops (Bad or Good:lol) or they disappear!

I have asked questions on the Forum, that I really need answered:thumbsup and have never been disappointed, but I actually feel that You Must Put Something Back:frown! donation is alright but INFO is always better and RESPECT:sarcastic (at the start:) is matter of course.

Experience (s´) are worth more than dealerships hourly rates:lol.

Dunk

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
In the Military we had people who were openly known as "GROWBAG" (and undoubtoubly still are! (Water often! and Full of SHIT!).

But I am of the opinion that a Forum can only sustain itself if people do something, ie organise meets, keep interest, or HAVE AN INPUT! And I would say to Lurkers, Like Ronnie! (But I actually think that a Lurker is something different involving a hide, telescope and a nudist camp). SHIT IN= SHIT OUT.

:lol:lol:lol

Dunk

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Think that seems about right for this forum as well, seems to be the same few members on quite a lot.

Im always surprised to see someone asking about something in the tech bits and theyve been a member for 2/3 years and have maybe 20 or something and i didnt know they were a member.

The forums different things to different folk i guess.

I know i wouldnt have got the e39 if i wasnt a member as i know its quite a complicated machine but folk on here always try to help you if they can.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I started on BF as a lurker. Then turned into a heavy contributor but due to lack of time and a lot of new members posting sometimes rather attention seeking threads I've probably turned into an "occassional contributor" ...... where does that leave me :confused :lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I started on BF as a lurker. Then turned into a heavy contributor but due to lack of time and a lot of new members posting sometimes rather attention seeking threads I've probably turned into an "occassional contributor" ...... where does that leave me :confused :lol
A "loiterer with intent":)

·
Registered
737 Posts
In the Military we had people who were openly known as "GROWBAG" (and undoubtoubly still are! (Water often! and Full of SHIT!).

But I am of the opinion that a Forum can only sustain itself if people do something, ie organise meets, keep interest, or HAVE AN INPUT! And I would say to Lurkers, Like Ronnie! (But I actually think that a Lurker is something different involving a hide, telescope and a nudist camp). SHIT IN= SHIT OUT.

:lol:lol:lol

Dunk
remember that one, we used to call unrealistic types OSLO outer space liason officer:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I was thinking of this very thread the other day after someone said to me, "Some of your status updates don't half make me laugh, I always look to see what you have put!"

I was like :shifty:

Then I was talking to someone else about something and they said, "Oh yeah I know, I saw something about it on your facebook."

Again I was like :shifty:

Neither of these people ever post on facebook and I had to check I was actually friends with them even though they are good mates of mine. :rofl

Lurkers, you've got to love them. :shifty:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts