BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have had a 3, 5 and two 7 series but never a 6 so scratched my itch and recently purchased a 635D, 2010, full BMW history up to 2017 flew through it's MOT though it needs rear tyres, :jaw-dropping and I thought great motor. Last couple of days engine light on, codes off the top of my head were PO101 generic MAF and PO112, air intake temp sensor so started at the beginning, new air filter in, airbox cleaned (see photo of before) new filter in, wiring in good condition, cleaned, very, very well with MAF cleaner, left off for a good couple of hours and rebuilt, refitted, cleared codes and voila, came back after 30 minutes drive so have ordered temp sensor as on further reading on my scanner it was showing temp of 289f, little bit high. My problem is I have no idea where it is in the car so if anybody can point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it, bit more car history over last two years, 800 miles in 2018, serviced by Evans Halshaw, then 30 miles for the next 10 months up to April this year when I purchased it from an independent garage
thanks in advance,
Dave

IMG_0286.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
Your maf sensor reading wrong air temperature. Time for new one and you should get correct reading with new maf

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. Similar tastes Evog! black7, I do not think it is the MAF, had one go faulty on a 540 and it was awful to try and drive. The car at the moment is driving absolutely fine and the reading off my scanner shows a the air intake temp sensor as being off the scale so if anybody can give me an idea where it is I would very much appreciate it. (When the MAF went on this it was undrivable)
Thanks again,
Dave

PUQS8241 (1).jpg NMRZ1771 (1).jpg

·
Registered
478 Posts
Love that E39 by the way, 540 a real wolf in sheep's clothing - I've got an E46 and an E53 as well so I have rather a soft spot for that whole late 90s/early 2000s generation. I can't stand the first Idrive so basically I'm ruled out of anything between 2004 and 2010 hence my slightly odd collection!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for that Evoc, hands dirty tomorrow. Car collection is quite eclectic, when's the E38 arriving?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Had few nice BMW myself. X424 was my first e39 540i. Now limited myself to 3 car
All daddy editions ;))

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts