BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just felt the urge to vent and share.

I bought myself an E36 last week, shopped around for some good priced and good covering insurence.
I was insuring with the AA and had for years, but they decided that they would charge at least £100 per year over the top off the average and did not wish to negotiate which I felt was very disapointing as I been with them for 5 years.
So off I went to do the rounds as you do. I found a company, seemed rather good, low excess and seemed an OK policy and suited my requirements, so I took that out with them.
My policy arrived to find that on a fully comp policy I was not covered to drive any other car not belonging to me (always thought this was pretty much standard at my time of life and on fully comp)
So.... off i went to do the rounds once again and came up with someone in fact a little cheaper and just gave me an all round vibe of being better.
The moral off this story is - J make a list of what you want and check it in future as otherwise its a pain in the arse.
There felt I wanted to vent and share for no real reason, wonder if anyone else has had such like experience or is it just my bad luck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
e46 or e36? Glad your sorted mate. I have found that what you really pay for is the hassle factor. It seems with big premiums and bigger insurance companies if something does go wrong your hassle factor is small. With the cheaper quotes and smaller companies the after care comes with hassle factor. It's all dependant on you and I hate hassle but I also hate throwing money away. Nothing really pointed at you just me ranting too :D
It always feels good when you don't have to think about insurance for another 12 months :D

Class--

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the 318 E46 se :)

Oh yea i know aboiut the hassel free thing, I so dont have time or can be bothered with the agro, but felt really let down by my long term people, so thought lets find someone again to use on going. I am now with one of the big ones again, just shocked how much agro its been, its meant to be easy to spend your money and a pleasure, yet seems not lol well fingers crossed when this lot comes through it will be ok.
! thing they did do also was wave the fee for change to policy of my registration as I am still awaiting for that from DVLA so that saved me a few pennies too :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts