BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my renewal through today, 586 for my 320D! Was 380 last year so I am not happy at all! Bearing in mind I am 28 with 9 years no claims, park on a drive and have no points I feel like going to Directline and kicking someones ass!!!

Anyone recommend anyone to try for insurance?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks mate. :frown

Have a read of my insurance guide thread - http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum...e-comprehensive-info-on-car-insurance-t42091/

Other than that, shop around and get some quotes, Admiral have been the cheapest for me the last couple of years, the guide above should point you in the right direction too hopefully :thumbsup
It does suck, and my tax is up to £205 too! Getting expensive to have a car!!

Thanks ill have a look at your guide, someone else mentioned admiral so will have a look at that shortly.

:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
my renewal this year was £300 up on last year, the cheapest i could get anywhere was still £100 more than last year, i'm 31 this year with 6 years no claims.

this insurance milarky is a joke, it does make you see why so many people don't have it but it's these people that put the price of us honest people.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Admiral are god's im 20 years old have an E36 328i Coupe and am paying £875.13 thats with 3 points for speeding ( on my birthday 110mph in a 1.2l Corsa B, first car woop ) dont have the foggyest about the 13p i did ask for it back, look after the pennys and all that but the broker on the phone obviously had no sense of humor

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Admiral are god's im 20 years old have an E36 328i Coupe and am paying £875.13 thats with 3 points for speeding ( on my birthday 110mph in a 1.2l Corsa B, first car woop ) dont have the foggyest about the 13p i did ask for it back, look after the pennys and all that but the broker on the phone obviously had no sense of humor
Thats decent premium for your age and the car your insuring! Nice birthday present not getting banned at that speed too :) haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my renewal this year was £300 up on last year, the cheapest i could get anywhere was still £100 more than last year, i'm 31 this year with 6 years no claims.

this insurance milarky is a joke, it does make you see why so many people don't have it but it's these people that put the price of us honest people.

Yeh it is a joke, but tbh driving in this country is getting more of a joke by the day with, fuel, tax and insurance prices forever increasing!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Insurance tax premiums have gone up this year I did re-quote on mine with swift and ATM I'm paying 600 and now it's showing 1200 it's shocking just another way the government are clawing money back from the consumer

·
Registered
683 Posts
I always go straight to the price comparison websites when the renual comes in and hardly ever stay with the same company two years running. Insurers nearly always reduce prices to new customers so it pays to move.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Admiral are god's im 20 years old have an E36 328i Coupe and am paying £875.13 thats with 3 points for speeding
I have no idea how that's possible, I'm 25, been driving for 4 years and have never made a claim, driving a car with same engine size (albeit an E46) yet I'm paying pretty much the same!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If that's the renewal through the post from Direct Line, then go online to Direct Line and get a quote there, save it then phone them, ask them to check that you've picked all the stuff you normally have on your policy, then ask them to match the price.
I do it every year and it's always cheaper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If that's the renewal through the post from Direct Line, then go online to Direct Line and get a quote there, save it then phone them, ask them to check that you've picked all the stuff you normally have on your policy, then ask them to match the price.
I do it every year and it's always cheaper.
Just tried online and they quoted £900 odd!!! Tried Admiral and they quoted £590! Its not looking good!

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
3rd year with the same company is when they always take the p+ss you should shop around every 1 or 2 years..

example myself direct line took the piss in the 3rd year £441 then Esure did the same after 3 years with an autorenewal qoute of £485 went to Morethan last year same policy £299..

same car thruout owned since 2003..

·
Registered
737 Posts
Had my renewal through today, 586 for my 320D! Was 380 last year so I am not happy at all! Bearing in mind I am 28 with 9 years no claims, park on a drive and have no points I feel like going to Directline and kicking someones ass!!!

Anyone recommend anyone to try for insurance?
SHOP AROUND, i dont even read my renewal its never cheaper, never

·
Registered
737 Posts
3rd year with the same company is when they always take the p+ss you should shop around every 1 or 2 years..

example myself direct line took the piss in the 3rd year £441 then Esure did the same after 3 years with an autorenewal qoute of £485 went to Morethan last year same policy £299..

same car thruout owned since 2003..
exactly right dd, apparently by the 3rd year they think they have your loyalty and bump it up, frankly im amazed people dont tryt at least 2 comparison sites and as for these t*ssers that 'opt out' of those sites, the reason is there losing so much f88kin business:mad

·
Registered
21 Posts
my insurance was £191.10 last year now the cheapest i can get fully comp is £364.68 its a disgrace

1 - 20 of 38 Posts