BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering a remap on my 120d 163bhp.
Could any people out there who have had a remap done let me know how much on average their insurance premium goes up after notifying insurers?

Cheers

·
Registered
506 Posts
What he said, what they dont know....etc. Oh, and another reason why you should never post pics of your number plate on a public forum.:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Its also worth remembering that insurance companies share information so if you do decide to go above board I'd take the 'what if I wanted a remap?' route. If you dont and your insurance company decides it wants to charge you a squillion quid then the next one you try might be ready and waiting for you. (Still would'nt tell em though! :hihi)

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Im considering a remap on my 120d 163bhp.
Could any people out there who have had a remap done let me know how much on average their insurance premium goes up after notifying insurers?

Cheers
Its a tuff one you should tell them yes.. But as the guys say some do some dont..

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your thoughts everyone, i suppose not mentioning it might be the best option (for me that is!), would they go to the far end of a fart to check in the event of a crash? If so, 'i just bought the motor guv, wasnt aware it had been remapped!' - Unless of course they could also find a date stamp if they find its been remapped???

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts everyone, i suppose not mentioning it might be the best option (for me that is!), would they go to the far end of a fart to check in the event of a crash? If so, 'i just bought the motor guv, wasnt aware it had been remapped!' - Unless of course they could also find a date stamp if they find its been remapped???
Not stamped but If they call a tuner in we can see if its been mapped but thats all.. :thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts