BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know as a whole insurance prices are on the up, but I am lost as to why I get such variations on price as I am at the moment:

Age 28, 8 years ncb, no claims, no points car kept on drive and 8k a year mileage.

If I put a standard exhaust system back on prices are from 550 a year fully comp, with the stainless steel system its from 1200 fully comp. Oh, and for a laugh my highest quote was 18346.76 a year.

So now it looks,like,i will be scouring ebay for a exhaust system, does anyone know if the 328 system will fit straight on? I need the full system from manifold back.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
How many insurers have you tried? I can't believe they all increase the premium that much for the sake of a stainless steel exhaust. Check out my insurance thread sticky at the top of General BMW discussion if you haven't already seen it.

Even at £550 your insurance seems quite high, I'm 23 with 3 years NCB and 3 points and mine was £620 fully comp, mods declared.

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks joe, yes looked through your thread. Ive done all the main comparrison sites and a good few others, I guess it'll be a case of keep on hunting through to find a decent quote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts