BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I've bought a 535d m sport witht eh sat nav professional system. The car does not come with TV or DVD but is this something that can be installed after market using the sat nav screen??

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I would think due to the year of your vehicle this upgrade should be possible:thumbsup

Hopefully one of our other members will be able to assist you further as my knowledge does not cover your model/year of car:frown

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,
I've bought a 535d m sport witht eh sat nav professional system. The car does not come with TV or DVD but is this something that can be installed after market using the sat nav screen??
Hi there!

Did you ever get any further with advice or in actually upgrading your 535d? I have just bought a 56 plate one and am interested in having TV playing on the Pro SatNav. Any idea on prices etc too please!

Also, have you any idea if, as is, you can play DVD's through the SatNav DVD drive (if you take the nav disk out!)?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks & regards,

NickW

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Hey nick you can NOT play DVDs (movie or otherwise) through the pro sat nav DVD slot.

I tried when I was told not to :) No damage done but it just wouldn't play anything.

In saying that tho, I have no idea how the TV/DVD system works.... did oyu try phoning a main dealer and ask what is involved in the retrofit? They are usually knowledgeable and helpful..... sometimes.

Red!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey nick you can NOT play DVDs (movie or otherwise) through the pro sat nav DVD slot.

I tried when I was told not to :) No damage done but it just wouldn't play anything.

In saying that tho, I have no idea how the TV/DVD system works.... did oyu try phoning a main dealer and ask what is involved in the retrofit? They are usually knowledgeable and helpful..... sometimes.

Red!
Thanks Red!

I have a friend in sales at the local BMW dealership - he may be able to find a "techie" to help - thanks!

NickW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.