BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

installing phone cradle and connections into LCI F11 535D sport

351 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  gippamax 
#1 ·
I am selling my F11 535D sport touring which is laden with extra options and have bought a newer 2014 LCI 535D Sport Touring also with plenty of extra options.
The problem is that there are some extras not installed in the 2014 car that I had on the 2011 one.
Some will be addressed with coding (speed limit display, enhanced bluetooth etc.

One extra that the 2011 car had is the phone cradle and connections for snap in phone use to input calls, music etc.
I like the fact that it is easy to insert the phone and it is charging, feeding calls through the system and also music if i want.
I am obviously aware that I can use USB for the music and bluetooth for the calls but I would like the option of using a snapped in phone for the calls and a source for music.

I have bought a used insert for the armrest including the a phone base for the snap in unit, all cable connections and the USB /AUX connector.

I am going to code the car for 'extended' bluetooth (6NH up to 6NS).

My question is ... 'Will the cabling from the NBT unit to connect to the 'phone' insert cables be in the tunnel or do I need to buy a small loom to connect up/?'

'Also if the cables are connected up will the NBT 'see' the phone connections etc?'

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.