BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may recall my recommendation to upgrade the stock yellow H1s for some GP Thunders as forums in the US were quite good on them. So I bought a set off the US ebay site for around 20 quid and chose 100 watt with 7500 K colour, white blue.

To date in my high beams, I have been using a 55 watt HID kit, with 6000K colour, but found that the time for them to warm up to full brightness was about 5 seconds, useless for flashing someone or on a dark road at night in traffic.

So, I removed them and put back the stock 55w H1s prior to this mod.

As you will see from the end result in the attached write up, they are much brighter than stock, but I have been diddled over the colour.

Still looking :)

Grateful for comments and feedback...

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Excellent photo's and write up Aus:thumbsup

The end result from within the car at the end looks impressive. Just a shame you feel you've been diddled:frown

Keep up the good work, I'm sure many will find this most useful in the future:thumbsup

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks A20 (don't you sleep??), just pisses me off that people advertise these as 7500K, when they are clearly not. God, I spend a lot of time on car lights, will get them right one day....

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Sleep??? :lol

Been out working on the car tonight so my brain is frazzled:frown

Wiring does that to me:hihi

People should not be allowed to get away with it... Ebay seems to becoming the home of crooks from what I've noticed. They'll sell anything and advertise it as something it's not:mad

Excellent post nonetheless:thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts