BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have got a cable so I can use the BMW diagnostics software INPA..

But I do not know which one or what to download..some f the guides I see are over 10 years old!

Can someone please point me in the right direction

I have a 2007 BMW e90 330i N53 if that makes a difference to what type of software I need

Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you want to risk it a bit you might get it off torrent sites such as pirate bay but to be honest I'd get in touch with cable shack. It's not like it costs a fortune and they give really good support if you're having any issues when installing for example as it can be a little bit finicky at times.

Cable-Shack

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Erm - pretty sure INPA works on all E cars and F cars if you have the right INPA package - you just can't run both E and F databases at the same time. I've recently ran it on an E84 2011

In the nicest way possible - DIS is a recipe for disaster for most without a basic understanding of coding and working around these tools.

As Racey suggests, get in contact with Cableshack who will have full instructions and software packages - it might cost £20 ish but it will remove a LOT of the issues you'd get from searching google and the many many instructions you'll come across

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome thanks guys will get in touch with cable shack..I actually am a developer so wont have problem with coding etc but for the sake of a tenna I would rather buy it :thumbsup

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
My father's car has a N53 engine and INPA working perfectly with this engine.

I bought the program here

https://diagnose-software.myshopify.com/pages/2017-bmw-diagnose-software-paket-ediabas-inpa-ncs-expert-gt1-dis-v57-v44-rheingold-ista-p

i stand corrected is their a working post 2006 INPA version? i had seen a 2010 version but never bothered as i had nothing to try it on and no need with my own version...

good to know tho if i lose my marbles and decide on a later BMW (dont really blow DD's skirt up tho) what year will it go up to on INPA?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It's not that arduous actually - for mine which is the bMtool software, I'm pretty sure you just have to open a couple of windows and unpack the E or F series series packages. I haven't needed to do it yet and only come across it in their PDF guide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts